Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

He'd be a fool to sign if it's near the £70m
you say that but this is a striker who will most probably score over 100 goals by the age of 23. He scores another 25-30 goals this season and all of a sudden he goes from being a striker in form, to one that is top class, along side strikers such as Aubeyang / higuain / aguero / benzema / guizzman to name a few.

And how much are they worth? Higuain went for 79 million was it? Aguero would go for easy 60-70 million to a spanish club, benzema around 50? Guizzman right now will be a name your price deal. you get the point, top strikers at top clubs, and somehow we have lucked out and kept one at an average team for 4 years now.

See @Carlito's post above :)

We'll see mate.

We were demanding bids of £75m this summer.

Regardless of contract (2 years is still more than long enough to command a big fee), I just can't see us accepting much less. Maybe £60mil is more likely, but that will be the least we'll take.

And yes @Carlito, I do. Can't say my GOT experience is any worse for it - it's a handy fucntion ;)

you say that but this is a striker who will most probably score over 100 goals by the age of 23. He scores another 25-30 goals this season and all of a sudden he goes from being a striker in form, to one that is top class, along side strikers such as Aubeyang / higuain / aguero / benzema / guizzman to name a few.

And how much are they worth? Higuain went for 79 million was it? Aguero would go for easy 60-70 million to a spanish club, benzema around 50? Guizzman right now will be a name your price deal. you get the point, top strikers at top clubs, and somehow we have lucked out and kept one at an average team for 4 years now.

Exactly Ash.

Griezmann - 75mil easy - and he's only two years older than Rom I believe.

Lukaku - should he keep his form up (which was the caveat I put in) will have scored 20+ goals in four out of six PL seasons by the age of 24 (next May), plus he already has a hatful of international caps and goals.

£60mil - 70mil, easy.

We'll see mate.

We were demanding bids of £75m this summer.

Regardless of contract (2 years is still more than long enough to command a big fee), I just can't see us accepting much less. Maybe £60mil is more likely, but that will be the least we'll take.

And yes @Carlito, I do. Can't say my GOT experience is any worse for it - it's a handy fucntion ;)
I don't mind. It's just as funny watching you post with unwavering conviction against others, you absolute Moonie.

He's easy getting 20 goals this season. 6 already in 7 games already. If we fail to get Europe this season he's deffo off at the end of it, and nobody can really complain. He's clearly far too good to be stuck at mid-table fodder, so we will let him go if a bid matches our valuation and he should go with everybodys best wishes. On the basis of a 20-goal season, him being Belgium's top striker and one of the best young players in world football, a massive fee of 60/70m would be reasonable. I just hope we can get top 4/6. Incredibly unlikely, but it would be so good to build around him and not have to sell and start again.

He's easy getting 20 goals this season. 6 already in 7 games already. If we fail to get Europe this season he's deffo off at the end of it, and nobody can really complain. He's clearly far too good to be stuck at mid-table fodder, so we will let him go if a bid matches our valuation and he should go with everybodys best wishes. On the basis of a 20-goal season, him being Belgium's top striker and one of the best young players in world football, a massive fee of 60/70m would be reasonable. I just hope we can get top 4/6. Incredibly unlikely, but it would be so good to build around him and not have to sell and start again.

If this happens, I think he'll stay unless one of the very best comes in.

If this happens, I think he'll stay unless one of the very best comes in.
Aye.

The worst thing about selling him for 60m or whatever fee is that we know already we won't be able to attract anybody even nearly as good because it will mean we've failed to get Europe; it'd be like a huge double whammy of losing him and having to replace him with somebody inferior.

Imagine an inferior striker and our non-scoring midfielders - very very scary thought.

Aye.

The worst thing about selling him for 60m or whatever fee is that we know already we won't be able to attract anybody even nearly as good because it will mean we've failed to get Europe; it'd be like a huge double whammy of losing him and having to replace him with somebody inferior.

Imagine an inferior striker and our non-scoring midfielders - very very scary thought.
I think Koeman will eventually have a holdup striker and two out and out wingers up front, and that it'll be no worse than what's been served up recently in terms of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back