Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really see him leaving, the only elite team who could afford him and suit their style would be Bayern Munich - as a long term replacement for Lewandowski.

EDIT: just found out Lewandowski is only 28... ignore than then haha

If we did sell him - it's hard to believe but I really think we would break the bank for another proven goal scorer.

You really believe we could attract anyone close to him goal wise? Even if we through 50m at someone I don't think they would come. We seen in the summer that players just don't see us as an attractive proposition I really would have gone for benteke

please do not try to get around the swear filter
People say this? Has scored goals against Man U, arsenal, Chelsea, RS and city.
To be fair he probably should have performed better against the bigger teams in the past, but when you've got 10 s*** houses behind you and Roberto f***** Martinez for a manager it ain't easy.

You really believe we could attract anyone close to him goal wise? Even if we through 50m at someone I don't think they would come. We seen in the summer that players just don't see us as an attractive proposition I really would have gone for benteke

Well hopefully if he does leave we're in a position that makes us attractive to other players.

But back to what I said, I was indicating we'd buy a proven striker like Benteke not a world class one

He is so good. All he does is put the ball in the back of the net. Easily one of the best strikers in the world at the moment. Hopefully he doesn't mouth off to the media pushing for a move again, but I think he is enjoying it here. Koeman is changing the culture around the club and I think thats a positive for Rom.

He is so good. All he does is put the ball in the back of the net. Easily one of the best strikers in the world at the moment. Hopefully he doesn't mouth off to the media pushing for a move again, but I think he is enjoying it here. Koeman is changing the culture around the club and I think thats a positive for Rom.
Celebrating with the manager is certainly a good sign. Really couldn't see us getting anyone better in terms of goal numbers. Hopefully I'll be wrong at the end of the season.

Rom leaving wouldn't be the worst thing but it would definitely sting. The thing about us is I think we're in a "right now" state where we sign players that are efficient right now, not in a few years. (Williams is a testament to this in my opinion.) They may not be the sexiest signings, but they're experienced and know what they're doing. I think that's why we get linked with the likes of Deeney, etc. Here's to hoping Big Rom stays. He seems happy.

He's the best example so far of why having a high-profile manager can make a big difference. The fact that he apparently has so much respect for Koeman appears to be the driving force behind his change in attitude and demeanor.

I get the impression that he really wants to impress Henry, too. It's a good situation for Everton.

He's the best example so far of why having a high-profile manager can make a big difference. The fact that he apparently has so much respect for Koeman appears to be the driving force behind his change in attitude and demeanor.

I get the impression that he really wants to impress Henry, too. It's a good situation for Everton.
That or koeman is a competent manager rather than a terrible one like Lukaku had previously so is listening more to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back