Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair enough, I respect your point of view. Bale however was world class at Spurs, he's a much better player than Lukaku. You look at the top strikers in world football now and down the years - they're all better footballers than Lukaku, who is more akin to someone like Hasselbaink, Andy Cole, Les Ferdinand - a very good goalscorer but not one of the elite strikers in the world. I personally don't think Lukaku will go on to one of the top clubs in the world simply because he lacks some basic footballing skills. However, don't get me wrong, I rate Lukaku and I never said I didn't - I just don't think his all-round game is top notch

His all-round game was on display today and it was top notch in my dictionary.

The best touch, close control and link up play I've seen from Rom by far today! If he can keep this up he'll be one of the world's best by season end.

His link up play is improving this season and he's winning far more headers than he did a couple of years.

Add in the fact that he's ace with the ball in front of him and can be unplayable at times and he's integral to how we'll do this season.

Apart from his talent, the thing that's really good about him is his self-confidence. Even when he's playing poorly he has an unshakeable belief in his own ability which must make him a dream to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back