Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf we all know lukaku on his way next season and we are not good enough to keep him Ronald is just being honest, the truth hurts
He's been here 4 seasons mate. No one came in last summer when it was expected. Why d'you think we're inevitably going to lose him now?

I thought that when I read it too.

I like a guy who tells the truth but sometimes the truth is better left unsaid.

He may be a good coach/manager but it's clear from that statement that he doesn't yet get the club or it's fans.. I'm not going to knee jerk react to it though. The longer he stays with us the more he get's to know us, and his attitude towards us may or may not change. I think most of us knew what type of person we were getting with Koeman and that he was using us as a stepping stone in his career, and he obviously believes that is equally acceptable for players. Which is fine. But no need to say it openly.

My hope and expectations are that he helps move the club up to the next level over the next couple of years, at which stage somebody like Unsy, a real Evertonian, can take over. Probably a pipedream I know!!
I think it probably reveals his own mind set that he sees us as a stepping stone. And, btw, that's an attitude he's been encouraged to take by the local media and by, indeed, many of our own fans.

If he achieves something here then he can do what he wants. He has it all to do though before he either starts touting our players or himself for pastures new.

FFS.

“We tried to be prepared, always, because he will not play always (here) because he is a big striker and there will always come interest from bigger clubs than Everton".

I think it probably reveals his own mind set that he sees us as a stepping stone. And, btw, that's an attitude he's been encouraged to take by the local media and by, indeed, many of our own fans.

If he achieves something here then he can do what he wants. He has it all to do though before he either starts touting our players or himself for pastures new.
Personally I have not seen any evidence that fans have encouraged him to have that view, but certainly many of us, me included, have accepted that in reality that's what will happen.

Personally I have not seen any evidence that fans have encouraged him to have that view, but certainly many of us, me included, have accepted that in reality that's what will happen.
...and many have stated that he's in transition to Barcelona...Barcleona FFS! He's done zip anywhere else.

But it sets a tone that he's hot property and that's how he can make statements like he has today.

We would have to get top 4 to have any chance of staying but the guy wants to play in the cl and compete for titles.

I agree, but the point is that Koeman should be out there saying that our aim is to reach the top 4 and build a squad capable of competing regularly amongst the top 4 within a few seasons, rather than accepting that our best players will be on their way.

I guess these quotes are all from the same press conference/interview?

It seems the very biggest names have been/are in for Lukaku, which means regardless of what Koeman says in the media, he's gone as long as they offer the right amount, but I'd still prefer him not to be quite so 'honest' about things like this in the media.

Let's hope his honesty and pragmatism delivers the results on the pitch required to have a hope of keeping Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back