Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do we replace him with tho? We'd be far worse off without him, hasn't he scored half our goals in the prem this season?

Aye, but it is my feeling, and many others', that his goals are coming at the expense of our effectiveness as a unit. We didn't need 20+ goal strikers in the Moyes era and we don't need one now

Aye, but it is my feeling, and many others', that his goals are coming at the expense of our effectiveness as a unit. We didn't need 20+ goal strikers in the Moyes era and we don't need one now
But we didn't win anything under Moyes...maybe thats why we DO need a 20+ goals striker?
We might as well just start with Kone or Valencia then and see how we get on.

Lukaku is the player we need to build a team around. Spend some money in January and a load more in the summer, and give him a contract that states if we don't get Europe he can leave for £60m.

Ha, I guess. But you know what I mean, we did well without one. Those teams were better units than the one I believe it's possible for Lukaku to exist in

yeah i know what you mean, it's why i hate all this modern day crap of "ah, if he didn't play for you you'd be rubbish etc." I miss the days of a goalscoring midfielder like cahill and a good playmaker like arteta though, if we had that instead of leaving rom so bloody isolated we'd be a proper force .... most of the time, we'd still cock it up.

We qualified for the Champions League, got to an FA Cup final. What have we got with Lukaku in the side?
Did we get in the Champs league group stages or win the FA Cup? All the top teams have a 20+ Striker in their team, didn't United buy Van Persie just for that one season to score the goals that got them the title? Ridiculous to say we don't need a striker that scores many goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back