Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to wait until he's at PSG and Koeman has implemented his own vision to be proven right. In the meantime, I have realised how futile it is trying to get people to look past Lukaku's goals to the trampoline-shinned loner that decides to have a decent game once every few weeks.
It is easy to criticise him mate but I question your inability to even suggest a replacement for him.

Without a suggested replacement then it just comes across as criticising him for the sake of it, which is entirely different thing from having an opinion on him

Get rid . He is a Donkey.with the money and the under 21 strikers fighting for a first team shot,after jan we wil have a few 20+ goal grabbers

Without a suggested replacement then it just comes across as criticising him for the sake of it, which is entirely different thing from having an opinion on him

I think I've been fairly clear. I don't think he has anything beyond goals, contributes little to overall play and is a liability to overall team effectiveness. I don't watch enough football outside of England to suggest a realistic replacement, but I'm not paid to. This is my observation. When Lukaku is winning a one horse league in France, our league performance will improve, I'm willing to wait to see that theory out.

I think I've been fairly clear. I don't think he has anything beyond goals, contributes little to overall play and is a liability to overall team effectiveness. I don't watch enough football outside of England to suggest a realistic replacement, but I'm not paid to. This is my observation. When Lukaku is winning a one horse league in France, our league performance will improve, I'm willing to wait to see that theory out.
That is just it. empty criticism, and even winning one horse raves in France if need be, he will still be playing at the top level of football for PSG which still puts him at the top table. if he moved to Turkey then fair enough but whether it is bayern Barca or PSG they are still the elite clubs in Europe and still carry a hell of a lot of prestige compared to here.

Which defeats your own point tbh lol

To be fair @Ashtonian Prev has always said this about Lukaku as I thought he was taking the piss until I realised he's been posting it constantly for months and you've actually got a valid point prev.

If we take Lukaku face value and for his goals, well he's a boss slitter and there's no way we would get better.

If we are talking about his all round game, the parts that Koeman will be looking for which is - pressing, hold up play, running the channels etc well he's a little bit plop at those things ( though I thought his performance against West Ham was perfect in this respect).

We sell Rom, he brings in someone who might only score 10 goals but others around him and chip in with 7-8 each or you have Rom scoring 20 odd with the rest scoring 3-4.

For what it's worth as well Barkley, Del, Mirallas are all the same as in don't press/work hard enough for the team and when they are out of form we look awful.

To be fair @Ashtonian Prev has always said this about Lukaku as I thought he was taking the piss until I realised he's been posting it constantly for months and you've actually got a valid point prev.

If we take Lukaku face value and for his goals, well he's a boss slitter and there's no way we would get better.

If we are talking about his all round game, the parts that Koeman will be looking for which is - pressing, hold up play, running the channels etc well he's a little bit plop at those things ( though I thought his performance against West Ham was perfect in this respect).

We sell Rom, he brings in someone who might only score 10 goals but others around him and chip in with 7-8 each or you have Rom scoring 20 odd with the rest scoring 3-4.

For what it's worth as well Barkley, Del, Mirallas are all the same as in don't press/work hard enough for the team and when they are out of form we look awful.
The others don't score enough because none of them are any good at shooting! lol

To replace lukaku we need 3 players being signed, because we have no one at the club who you could depend on to chip in as you put it. they all have shots in a game and most of them miss , Ross del Kev yanick to name a few.

The others don't score enough because none of them are any good at shooting! lol

To replace lukaku we need 3 players being signed, because we have no one at the club who you could depend on to chip in as you put it. they all have shots in a game and most of them miss , Ross del Kev yanick to name a few.

I've actually just posted that in another thread Ash, I'm not arsed of every season one top player was sold if 3 more came in and there was an overall improvement on the team. Players come and go all the time and all clubs struggle to keep their top players at one time or another.

I'm not saying we should sell Rom btw, I'm just saying I understand where @Prevenger17 is coming from and he has some valid points about what he does ( or doesn't) bring to the team.

I've actually just posted that in another thread Ash, I'm not arsed of every season one top player was sold if 3 more came in and there was an overall improvement on the team. Players come and go all the time and all clubs struggle to keep their top players at one time or another.

I'm not saying we should sell Rom btw, I'm just saying I understand where @Prevenger17 is coming from and he has some valid points about what he does ( or doesn't) bring to the team.
I can see where bringing in someone(s) to replace Rom with much better all around game would also potentially get those other players we have to score more, instead of just feeding Rom all the time. Odds not though.

He 's just told the press that our best player should leave the club or he will be wasting his career with us.

This is disgraceful.

Can't be defended and quite frankly this is very disappointing. Not something I would want to see from our Manager.

I've praised him in the past for his honesty, but don't be putting the club below a player in public.

The thing is take rom out the squad now and where do the goals come from? it is easy to write him off as prev is doing without back up but the fact is is rom was out for the season tomorrow then we would struggle to even score let alone win. out of a 24 man squad at the that point we would have nothing to offer in the final third, as proven against West Bromwich in August.

So to replace 25 goals so easy just because he isn't a complete footballer ? the rest of them aren't much use and our 3 backs ups will struggle to score more than 5 between them all season. not only that but replacing rom we need 3 players better than what we have plus be able to adapt to this league and hit the ground running all at the same time, and adapt to the system?

Yeah, not so straight forward as signing a different striker!

The thing is take rom out the squad now and where do the goals come from? it is easy to write him off as prev is doing without back up but the fact is is rom was out for the season tomorrow then we would struggle to even score let alone win. out of a 24 man squad at the that point we would have nothing to offer in the final third, as proven against West Bromwich in August.

So to replace 25 goals so easy just because he isn't a complete footballer ? the rest of them aren't much use and our 3 backs ups will struggle to score more than 5 between them all season. not only that but replacing rom we need 3 players better than what we have plus be able to adapt to this league and hit the ground running all at the same time, and adapt to the system?

Yeah, not so straight forward as signing a different striker!

Oh I agree Ash if you took him out now we would be surefire relegation fodder. But ( and this is what Prev is talking about ) is we could maybe go and get a couple of players maybe lesser known but who play the system better and bring others into play.

On that basis, we need more than just one striker because a lot of the team are crap at scoring goals as well lol

Ross doesn't score many (not through lack of trying) Kev is just kev and similar to ross, Bolasie is more of a winger, lennon pops up now and again, del can't shoot for toffee(s) lol barry isn't a goal scorer, Gueye probably not, cleverley not, i can go on.

So this all round striker needs to be backed up by at least 2-3 players who can score a goal as well just to replace lukaku.

So ergo, for us to replace lukaku in the team, we need to sign 3 players.

Well I would like to think we would get a fee for him if he does go...

We need new players regardless anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back