Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
friends004.gif

Now now Tubey.

Had another chance not long after from around the same distance but more to the near post (the sitter he missed was in the middle of the goal) came off his knee and over the bar.

One of those games where his close control has been wayward.

It's never great in my humble opinion. He's really clumsy and uncoordinated for a professional footballer, but can charge down on goal and slot like a king at times (the one against City was superb). Hope he gets his clangers out the way for Belgium then comes back sharp for us!

Far better team with Lineker in '85-'86 than the team that won the title the following season. Don't think so. The team that won the title in '86-87 was a TEAM, all 11 on the pitch and the back-up players.

The Lineker team was better than the (1984-)1985 team? You ARE having a laugh!

"...The difference between us winning the title in '86 and losing it was the RS putting an incredible run together after we beat them at the Pit in February.....plus Neville getting injured playing for Wales..." Wrong. The difference was Lineker. Against Oxford, away. At 0-0 about 10 minutes from time. Clean through on goal with only the keeper to beat. Didn't score. They nipped up the other end and scored. We lost 1-0 when we should have picked up all three points. Thereby hangs the reason for the debacle of the '85-'86 season. Too much reliability on one player. Ditto for the Cup Final of '86. It was obvious that the RS plan was to keep Lineker quiet. That worked to perfection in the second half and they wiped the floor with us. It was painful for me to watch that in the Everton end at Wembley that day...
I was somewhere in that end with you mate...bad memories you've brought back there ( regarding the result, not my being in the Everton end with you lol )

"He has the potential to play for a bigger club than Everton, but nobody knows what will happen after this season."

that is not 'wasting his career'.

He simply said Lukaku has the 'potential' to end up at a Real Madrid or Barca.

I really don't see the issue with it but then I forget we've got the second-most touchy/deluded fans on the planet after our near-neighbours :)

Romelu will not have made the most of his career if he plays for everton his whole career.

Clear as day.

Think his words have been taken a little out of context by the media, I still think it's a bit wrong saying what he did say though.

Rom's clearly avaliable in the summer, so let's just sell him and spunk the cash on more "proven premier league talent"

It's worked out so well thus far.

Remember when Everton announced on Twitter he was signing a new contract, then the tweet went and so did all talk of him signing one.

It's clear to me, Rom has said he wants out in the summer. Koeman is softening the blow now. But his words leave a bad taste. There's ways of alerting clubs he's available. We know Everton aren't the biggest club in the world. But it's Koeman's job to build us into one, and convince players like Rom they need to be a part of it.

Not tell him to go find a bigger club. I do wonder what his plans are.

Remember when Everton announced on Twitter he was signing a new contract, then the tweet went and so did all talk of him signing one.

It's clear to me, Rom has said he wants out in the summer. Koeman is softening the blow now. But his words leave a bad taste. There's ways of alerting clubs he's available. We know Everton aren't the biggest club in the world. But it's Koeman's job to build us into one, and convince players like Rom they need to be a part of it.

Not tell him to go find a bigger club. I do wonder what his plans are.
Clearly about him primarily.

I hate to side with Zat on this one, but he has said he's too big for Everton and that he shouldn't be playing here.

He hasn't though Prev.

He's said if he fulfils his potential, he won't be playing here all of his career.

"Normally Everton will not be the end for him"

He's 23. Don't think he's approaching anywhere near 'the end' any time soon.

Think his words have been taken a little out of context by the media, I still think it's a bit wrong saying what he did say though.

Rom's clearly avaliable in the summer, so let's just sell him and spunk the cash on more "proven premier league talent"

It's worked out so well thus far.

Yes, and our fans have jumped right on it instead of looking what was actually said.

We all knew/know that if Rom reaches his potential, he won't be playing for us all of his career. That's a fact.

I don't see what's wrong with acknowledging that fact. People wanted honesty, well there you go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back