Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as he was bursting the net for them mate I don't think they would worry too much about his work rate. The problem is when he's not scoring he doesn't bring much else to the team.
We'll know soon enough Lou he'll get his move at some stage. But I don't think any top side has room for passengers anymore and I don't think Rom has it about him.

Don't like buying players from that league it's not even championship level it would be a big gamble but he did look decent for Fulham.

....VvD was playing for Celtic and is now hot property. I'm very surprised nobody in the Prem bid for Dembele, a number of us on here mentioned him last summer but perhaps nobody took the plunge because he isn't good enough.

Getting back to Lukaku, the comparison with Ibrahimovic was stark on Sunday. The Man Utd player might be past his best but he demonstrated an all around game Lukaku has to aspire to. You can see why he's played for top clubs and has the medals to show for it. I understand there is a feeling within the club that Lukaku is lazy but selling now without an adequate replacement would be a huge risk.

Mate I think he will go in the summer but it won't be to a top side,and there wasn't any interest last summer after a decent euros in my opinion he is a good finisher but there's a lot more needed to play for barca Madrid and the like.
I thought the news from last summer was that Juventus were interested? Possibly agent inspired, but he's running down his contract with Everton and we know he's on his way this summer. Only the big clubs in Europe will be able to afford him and that rules out any of the so called second tier clubs you believe will be his destination. Can't see a Napoli, Inter, AC or a Seville, Villareal able to purchase him...clubs I'd say fall into that category now.

....VvD was playing for Celtic and is now hot property. I'm very surprised nobody in the Prem bid for Dembele, a number of us on here mentioned him last summer but perhaps nobody took the plunge because he isn't good enough.

Getting back to Lukaku, the comparison with Ibrahimovic was stark on Sunday. The Man Utd player might be past his best but he demonstrated an all around game Lukaku has to aspire to. You can see why he's played for top clubs and has the medals to show for it. I understand there is a feeling within the club that Lukaku is lazy but selling now without an adequate replacement would be a huge risk.
Totally agree said the same on Sunday about the difference between the 2 striker's.

I thought the news from last summer was that Juventus were interested? Possibly agent inspired, but he's running down his contract with Everton and we know he's on his way this summer. Only the big clubs in Europe will be able to afford him and that rules out any of the so called second tier clubs you believe will be his destination. Can't see a Napoli, Inter, AC or a Seville, Villareal able to purchase him...clubs I'd say fall into that category now.
The more his contract runs down the less we get you know that mate.

We'll know soon enough Lou he'll get his move at some stage. But I don't think any top side has room for passengers anymore and I don't think Rom has it about him.

Biggest problem for Lukaku is I don't think any of the teams he would hope to join would pay the money we would be looking for, saying that though, think after this season Lukaku has only got 2 years left on his contract, so we may have to take a lot less then that £70m.

The more his contract runs down the less we get you know that mate.
It wont run that far down we won get top dollar. He'll still be contracted for another two years even when we get to the summer. If Lukaku is going to go it has to be end of this season. He wont want to be going into a WC summer without that sorted. He'd more likely sign another extension here if that were the case.

It wont run that far down we won get top dollar. He'll still be contracted for another two years even when we get to the summer. If Lukaku is going to go it has to be end of this season. He wont want to be going into a WC summer without that sorted. He'd more likely sign another extension here if that were the case.
He still has a lot to do mate the difference between him and a 35 year old proper centre foward on Sunday was stark.

He still has a lot to do mate the difference between him and a 35 year old proper centre foward on Sunday was stark.
I dont think he's motivated under Koeman. I dont think any of them are, tbf.

He bemoaned the fact on international duty that he wants players up around him and Koeman isn;t giving him that.

He's easily one of the best finishers I've seen in an Everton shirt and one of the best in the PL...and there's some stuff competition here too.

Apparently Juventus are in love with him; so much so that they spent €70m on Higuain.

I dont think he's motivated under Koeman. I dont think any of them are, tbf.

He bemoaned the fact on international duty that he wants players up around him and Koeman isn;t giving him that.

He's easily one of the best finishers I've seen in an Everton shirt and one of the best in the PL...and there's some stuff competition here too.
I don't buy into that not motivated mate if he wants to be a top player and play for a top side then he needs to motivate himself and stop moaning and groaning.

I don't buy into that not motivated mate if he wants to be a top player and play for a top side then he needs to motivate himself and stop moaning and groaning.

The stats dont lie: he's an attacker and he gets goals....lots of them and on a consistent basis. Simple as that. Where's his motive in chasing down defenders when his job is to steer clear of them and look to steal a yard on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back