Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stats dont lie: he's an attacker and he gets goals....lots of them and on a consistent basis. Simple as that. Where's his motive in chasing down defenders when his job is to steer clear of them and look to steal a yard on them?
He isn't that good that he does not have to work,top striker's all work off the ball saurez,aguero,costa all work all score all better than lukaku.

He isn't that good that he does not have to work,top striker's all work off the ball saurez,aguero,costa all work all score all better than lukaku.
Those players do to a degree (Lewandowski would be the best example), but just as many forwards dont do a lot of chasing down. I wouldn't say someone like Benzema or Higuain do a lot of chasing down.

Those players do to a degree (Lewandowski would be the best example), but just as many forwards dont do a lot of chasing down. I wouldn't say someone like Benzema or Higuain do a lot of chasing down.
Got no time for benzeme very fortunate player to be were he is,higuain I do like but again lukaku is nowhere near him yet.

I don't think that his work rate is the key issue. His lack of technique would see him slaughtered at a top club; especially Bayern, where the directors are ruthless.

Maybe we should get the Straq back, he chased down players and worked hard

At a loss in how anybody can pull Lukakus contribution to prices.....some people don't realise how good things are until they are gone

I don't think that his work rate is the key issue. His lack of technique would see him slaughtered at a top club; especially Bayern, where the directors are ruthless.
I think his goal tally will get him through, also in Germany the pace is far slower so his technique would look far better

I agree he needs to get physicality into his game consistently. He's got it, because we've seen it at times. The cup game against Chelsea last season he proved that against a very decent defence.

A top team in the CL would get that out of him and he'd be motivated to do it because his place would be on the line.

Maybe we should get the Straq back, he chased down players and worked hard

At a loss in how anybody can pull Lukakus contribution to prices.....some people don't realise how good things are until they are gone
Straq was [Poor language removed] that a bit different and no one is pulling him to pieces and when he goes Everton won't stop,and there is nothing good at the moment,a and this is the fellow who downed tools back end of last season.

I think his goal tally will get him through, also in Germany the pace is far slower so his technique would look far better
His league record is good - similar scoring rate to Benteke/Giroud - but nothing out of this world. If I were a fan of a top side, I wouldn't be too excited at the prospect of Lukaku coming in as a marquee signing.

I agree he needs to get physicality into his game consistently. He's got it, because we've seen it at times. The cup game against Chelsea last season he proved that against a very decent defence.

A top team in the CL would get that out of him and he'd be motivated to do it because his place would be on the line.
Looking at the speed of the interplay in the Real Madrid game, I couldn't imagine him being able to live with the pace of those games. He isn't slick enough.

What he needs is to be dropped for a few games as his performances have been so poor. Would be interesting to see his reaction too. Can't stand it when players think they've got a given right to start football matches.

Looking at the speed of the interplay in the Real Madrid game, I couldn't imagine him being able to live with the pace of those games. He isn't slick enough.
Look at someone like Mandzukic though, a forward involved in the CL top games in the recent past and no more 'slicker' than Lukaku.

I think there's some erroneous (maybe subconscious) view here with you and phil w that Lukaku cant be in that company because he plays for us.

He'd easily find his feet in that company.

Reactions: DRM
Look at someone like Mandzukic though, a forward involved in the CL top games in the recent past and no more 'slicker' than Lukaku.

I think there's some erroneous (maybe subconscious) view here with you and phil w that Lukaku cant be in that company because he plays for us.

He'd easily find his feet in that company.
Mandzukic is a target man. His role was to be a foil for Robben and Ribery - something that Lukaku doesn't like doing.

I don't see where our special snowflake fits in at the level he aspires to. Too clumsy with his feet, and lacking the desire to work for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back