Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do the people on here slating him think we are likely to have a better striker?

He's 23. He's scored more than 20 goals for us the last two seasons, which nobody has done since Latchford.

We have no attacking strategy. We just hit it long, and pray. Imagine what he would be capable of on a competent side.

Lukaku's talent is, and for some time has been, the only reason we can even maintain the facade of being a respectable side.

Pretty much sums him up. He will put away straightforward chances, but you will get nothing else from him.

The argument has been done to death in this thread, but I'm convinced that the ball not sticking up top is having a huge effect on the team's ability to move up the pitch.

It would have been worth spending the Bolasie money on Deeney, who would be an ideal foil for him. I'm not arsed about grossly overpaying if it actually makes sense.

Pretty much sums him up. He will put away straightforward chances, but you will get nothing else from him.

The argument has been done to death in this thread, but I'm convinced that the ball not sticking up top is having a huge effect on the team's ability to move up the pitch.

It would have been worth spending the Bolasie money on Deeney, who would be an ideal foil for him. I'm not arsed about grossly overpaying if it actually makes sense.

But Koeman hasn't clocked on to this and changed it.

He is not a target man yet we hoof it to him.

I didn't realise I'd mentioned selling him and replacing him with Valencia was the way to go.

Well you say he doesn't work hard enough, doesn't bring his team mates in enough, doesn't hold the ball up well. So why keep him. Oh yeah, best striker we've had in 30 years

Scores goals but does literally nothing else.
Desperately frustrating when the manager's applying the principle of lump it to Rom and hope it sticks.

He doesn't do enough off the ball, spends 90% of his time walking around.
Pressing game indeed.

Absolutely spot on. So many people at fault for that goal, funes mori, williams and maybe Baines out of position but baines only takes the risk to go forward because lukaku seems to have good possession but then does something with the ball that a striker supposedly worth £50m wouldn't do

Rom was absolutely awful today...and scored twice! There is the enigma I mentioned earlier.

Being honest I really don't know if I want him to stay or not...mind you, same goes for the majority of the squad right now
We need a massive shake-up..and the management haven't convinced me as yet if they are the right people to do it

Without him we would almost certainly be fighting to stay up, the one really good player we have got, anyone who does not get that knows little about footy....imo

Well you say he doesn't work hard enough, doesn't bring his team mates in enough, doesn't hold the ball up well. So why keep him. Oh yeah, best striker we've had in 30 years
The point I was making was, yes sell him, but we are allowed to bring other players into the club!! A good barometer of how good a striker he is, will be to ask people who support different clubs would they take him for their current forwards. I have acquaintances who support city, Liverpool and United (no brainers here as they just scoff at the thought) however I have a mate who supports west brom and another who supports boro and neither of them would swap him for rondon or negredo respectively and both are very knowledgeable about football. I think that says it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back