Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so, so glad people noticed this (finally).

It happens all the time. He has the ball and a Conference standard striker would distribute it; hence why the team joins the attack, reasonably expecting a chance to come up.

But he gives it away unbelievably easy and we're countered.

And that's Lukaku. Every game, over and over again, and that's why we look horrible going forward.

But Koeman still wants them to do it.

I don't care about Rom thinking he can play for this club or that club, he has his limitations.

My problem is that we have a player who could clearly take us a step forward if we build a side around his strengths. But instead we'll end up getting a striker who is less potent to keep us exactly where we are.

The point I was making was, yes sell him, but we are allowed to bring other players into the club!! A good barometer of how good a striker he is, will be to ask people who support different clubs would they take him for their current forwards. I have acquaintances who support city, Liverpool and United (no brainers here as they just scoff at the thought) however I have a mate who supports west brom and another who supports boro and neither of them would swap him for rondon or negredo respectively and both are very knowledgeable about football. I think that says it all

I'd happily show them his goal scoring record. That says enough for me mate and it's why we will get 60m + for him in the summer. And we will replace him with garbage. Anyway, I think it's clear we disagree on this so best to just leave it and enjoy the boxing tonight! Have a good one mate!

Great goalscorer but most are only because it's on a plate for him, doesn't do enough for the team. That said we would be in even more trouble without him.

But Koeman still wants them to do it.

I don't care about Rom thinking he can play for this club or that club, he has his limitations.

My problem is that we have a player who could clearly take us a step forward if we build a side around his strengths. But instead we'll end up getting a striker who is less potent to keep us exactly where we are.

Not at all. Our aim should be to bring in a striker to build around Ross Barkley and see if he has the talent a lot of us think he does.

The problem with our side right now is that it has been slapped together with no plan. We never had a plan for Lukaku - we didn't even focus on him initially, we wanted Ba from Chelsea. We've never brought in a playmaker or a second striker to compliment him. There's no point building around him now - just get rid and go with another plan.

That sounds like a Brexit strategy - or at least as sensible. Similar outcome though both nowhere near Europe lol

Why would you now build around a player who doesn't want to be at the club and has severe limitations?

Are you saying you'd sign players with Lukaku in mind this January?

Why would you now build around a player who doesn't want to be at the club and has severe limitations?

Are you saying you'd sign players with Lukaku in mind this January?

Definitely, a good window now and early business in the summer and we can retain Lukaku.

Also, Lukaku's goals aren't "on a plate". His instinctive movement and clinical finishing are legitimately top drawer. He makes them look easy; but that doesn't mean they are easy.

The problem is he does absolutely nothing else at a good level.
His first touch is woeful, so many times today it was put into him and his control was so poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back