Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. I think most Everton fans are aware of Lukaku's limitations, but come on mate... Negredo? He's over 30 and scores about 5 goals per season.
I agree. Remember I said these were the opinions of acquaintances of mine. What it does show, however, is that outside of our club, supporters of other clubs see lukaku as being bang average.

No point really. Literally anyone you ever name is derided as not good enough or unrealistic.

For example, I rate Benteke and previously Bony (he looks slow at the moment, though), but according to people on here they're crap.

Giroud is a possibility, with Arsenal now using Sanchez as a striker. Then you have more ambitious options, like maybe Icardi, who is despised by the Inter ultras.
I must say I was a big fan of Bony, but for some reason he lost his way at City
Benteke was never a player I thought much of, but like Lukaku his record speaks for itself
Giroud to old now and not sure if we could get him
Icardi maybe

But can you get me a player who,will knock in 20 per season

Even today 2 goals in another lacklustre performance

That bolded bit's miles off. They usually hoof it to him at head height or roll it into him while he's man-marked and stand and watch him, something Barkley particularly seems to enjoy. Lukaku's finishing often puts gloss on less than excellent build-up play and takes pressure off the distinctly average forwards he plays alongside. The idea that he's regularly picking the ball up in space with runners to pick out or indeed any good option to offload the ball at all simply isn't true.

We look crap going forward because Koeman has yet to firstly get his players in and secondly find a system that he can get to work consistently with what he has at his disposal.

It really wouldn't matter much who we had playing the lone striker role over the last couple of months. They'd still have lost the ball countless times because our attacking unit has been appallingly poor, largely due to the bang average (at best) performances of players who are supposed to be good on the ball and are supposed to be building attacks and creating chances. No doubt Lukaku has to take some responsibility there as well, but the likes of Bolasie, Barkley, Deulofeu and Lennon clearly have a lot more to answer for given their role in the team.

Of the attacking players in our squad, only one has, overall, done his job well this season: Lukaku - 9 goals and 3 assists from 14 games. That, incredibly, is more assists than Barkley, Deulofeu and Mirallas have managed between them in the league this season.

But of course there will always be 5 or 6 posts slating Lukaku for losing the ball in a situation most players would for every one criticising e.g. Deulofeu for inexplicably running the ball out of play or misplacing a 5 yard pass, unchallenged.

This!
I also don't get why so many people blame him (or Bolasie last week) for goals against us when there's always a lot of ground yet to cover by the opposition and ten players between them and a goal.
Maybe he's responsible for the climate change as well.

This!
I also don't get why so many people blame him (or Bolasie last week) for goals against us when there's always a lot of ground yet to cover by the opposition and ten players between them and a goal.
Maybe he's responsible for the climate change as well.

So you don't think he was responsible for the entire team being out of position for their first?

He doesn't work hard enough. Our wingers never score because he doesn't make runs to open up space. I also believe he is in the bottom of the distance covered per game every week. Our attacks constantly break down because of him no matter where the ball goes to him it always bounces off him. We'd be a far better Team without him. Since he's been at the club the whole attitude of the team has got worse and worse season by season.

He doesn't work hard enough. Our wingers never score because he doesn't make runs to open up space. I also believe he is in the bottom of the distance covered per game every week. Our attacks constantly break down because of him no matter where the ball goes to him it always bounces off him. We'd be a far better Team without him. Since he's been at the club the whole attitude of the team has got worse and worse season by season.

Absolutely spot on. Delighted to see more fans seeing it.

He a goalscorer and by far and away our best player. He's the only one a top side would look at.

He's not even in the top ten of our best players.

However, he's the best goalscorer by an absolute mile, but given I think he's one of the best goalscorers in the world, that's not a surprise.

A "player" is a different thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back