Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You honestly think we have 10 better then him though. At what exactly do these guys excel. Any of them ?

So you honestly think Lukaku does a better job as a forward than, say, Baines does as a full back? Given the job requirements for each role?

Because in my view they're not even close - Baines is ten times the player Lukaku is.

What Lukaku is is a world class goalscorer, and too many people fail to understand that doesn't equate to being a world class footballer. Lukaku is a world away from that; indeed, he's a very average footballer indeed.

So you honestly think Lukaku does a better job as a forward than, say, Baines does as a full back? Given the job requirements for each role?

Because in my view they're not even close - Baines is ten times the player Lukaku is.

What Lukaku is is a world class goalscorer, and too many people fail to understand that doesn't equate to being a world class footballer. Lukaku is a world away from that; indeed, he's a very average footballer indeed.
Would not have baines on our team now. 3 seasons ago yes. He was ripped apart again today. So yes I would

Bainsey and Seamus would also be on top clubs' wish list
Sorry but even with all the love and admiration I have gave to Baines over the years, there is no way he'd regularly contest a place in a top side.

He's lost his pace which has hampered those once marauding runs and is now unable to swing those once deadly crosses, corners or free kicks.

Defensively he's also past his peak most notably displayed by his inability to stand up or close down crosses these days; that's the objective truth.

The jury is still out for Seamus: to an extent he still has age on side although his performances are well below what we once regularly displayed.

Good players? Yes. Top players? Sorry but no, and certainly neither of them are demanding positions in top sides in their current form.

Sorry but even with all the love and admiration I have gave to Baines over the years, there is no way he'd regularly contest a place in a top side.

He's lost his pace which has hampered those once marauding runs and is now unable to swing those once deadly crosses, corners or free kicks.

Defensively he's also past his peak most notably displayed by his inability to stand up or close down crosses these days; that's the objective truth.

The jury is still out for Seamus: to an extent he still has age on side although his performances are well below what we once regularly displayed.

Good players? Yes. To players? Sorry but no, and certainly neither of them are demanding positions in top sides in their current form.
totally agree mate...I was being sarcastic

The point I was making was, yes sell him, but we are allowed to bring other players into the club!! A good barometer of how good a striker he is, will be to ask people who support different clubs would they take him for their current forwards. I have acquaintances who support city, Liverpool and United (no brainers here as they just scoff at the thought) however I have a mate who supports west brom and another who supports boro and neither of them would swap him for rondon or negredo respectively and both are very knowledgeable about football. I think that says it all

Tell your two mates to find another sport because football isn't for them... Lukaku scores goals even when he has a poor game. Heard some tripe but that is ridiculous. Lukaku was far from great today but it's almost offensive to label him in not even the same bracket as those two!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back