Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I was making was, yes sell him, but we are allowed to bring other players into the club!! A good barometer of how good a striker he is, will be to ask people who support different clubs would they take him for their current forwards. I have acquaintances who support city, Liverpool and United (no brainers here as they just scoff at the thought) however I have a mate who supports west brom and another who supports boro and neither of them would swap him for rondon or negredo respectively and both are very knowledgeable about football. I think that says it all

Your mates are lying or too proud

And I wouldn't blame him.

For a club with high ambition we are terrible on the pitch. Anyone good will want to leave here, anyone who doesn't want to leave is why we are doing so badly.

I wouldn't blame him either. And yes, the rest of your post is spot on.

I bet he's fed up playing for us in such a poor team.

That said, I reckon he would score even more goals if he shot first time instead of always taking an extra touch, so he's not quite the finished article in my opinion.

The problem with Rom is that his sluggish play indirectly cost us the first goal today. Loses the ball, they break n tap in.

For all his goals he has major flaws in his game. Probably why he is playing for a mid table team compared to a Bayern or UTD.
Since RK has stated he's too god for us he has topped running bone idle can't trap a bag of cement Geri was MOTM today!

Must be one of the few players playing at the top level who can't control a throw in. Far too many flaws in his game for him to ever be a top striker at a top side.

The problem with Rom is that his sluggish play indirectly cost us the first goal today. Loses the ball, they break n tap in.

For all his goals he has major flaws in his game. Probably why he is playing for a mid table team compared to a Bayern or UTD.

I am so, so glad people noticed this (finally).

It happens all the time. He has the ball and a Conference standard striker would distribute it; hence why the team joins the attack, reasonably expecting a chance to come up.

But he gives it away unbelievably easy and we're countered.

And that's Lukaku. Every game, over and over again, and that's why we look horrible going forward.

For all of his lethal finishing he doesn't work hard enough, his movement is often poor. So he needs workers around him and the ball into feet, not flying above his noggin.

For all of his lethal finishing he doesn't work hard enough, his movement is often poor. So he needs workers around him and the ball into feet, not flying above his noggin.

That's the last thing he needs - he can't control a ball.

He needs someone doing that work for him and for him to be running the line, like he did for the first goal.

But in the modern game that really is a luxury player no top side can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back