Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isolated with 3 around him!!!.... this what everton does to me

He's only isolated because 8 times out of 10 he'll try to take all 3 on.
Support will only arrive if they are confident in ball retention why waste energy supporting when more than often it's just a turnover of possession.

The reason he looks knackered all the time is chasing that first touch he never looks like he has any real control of the ball.

Love him when he's on song but those days are becoming increasingly rare and when it isn't that day he's a passenger at best most of the time.

"Service" and "playing the ball in front of him" etc. Lads if it was that easy we'd win every game 50-0. You have to play your part as a striker to create chances for your team mates to provide you service. Can't just play with 10 men while we lay one on a plate for Rom. How the hell does that even happen?.

If he could get off one successful pass to an attacking player and make a run, he'd find far more opportunities facing the goal. It isn't jumpers for goalposts here, he can't just hang out beside the post waiting for "service". Honestly can't wait till we get rid of this lad

That'd be a very valid criticism tonight if his fellow attackers had been anywhere in sight when he received the ball.

I agree, we have nobody to replace him with. Nobody to put pressure on his place in the team. He's there by default. I am utterly convinced that we will not be able to move forward as a team while this lad is here.
Strange one but in the long run , its not always having that one player that everything revolves around thats good for the team, Lineker for example great player but the team the year after , without him won the league.
At this point in time we need him as the team is weak all over the place and mentally not up to the job.

We're not LOLing now are we Adam. How much possession did we lose from him tonight? Shocking really!

He's not a target man, we don't play to his strengths. He spends most of the night up top on his own surrounded by about 4 Liverpool players so he's bound to loose possession.

He's still our best player and by far the best striker I've seen in my lifetime and we would be stupid to sell him.

He's not a target man, we don't play to his strengths. He spends most of the night up top on his own surrounded by about 4 Liverpool players so he's bound to loose possession.

He's still our best player and by far the best striker I've seen in my lifetime and we would be stupid to sell him.

His strength is playing him clean through on goal or laying a chance on a plate which is the strength of any half decent striker. He literally has zero other attributes.

He cant dribble a ball (hitting it 20 yards and running doesnt count) as it gets stuck under his feet.
He's unbelievably predictable when he gets the ball in wider areas which normally leads to him being dispossessed.
For the size of him, he cant win a header.
He gets out muscled by players half his size.
His passing, even over 10 yards is always slightly under or over hit.
His control is his worst aspect by far, the ball bounces off him 7 times out if 10.

Let him go somewhere where the striker is required to do nothing and clear chances are created for him.

I can't get mad at him today, he is not Drogba and is an above average striker enjoying the room that has been empty of some truly class out and out strikers. Would swap him for dzezo in a heartbeat. Lukaku has some major bad qualities as well as good ones but how many goalscoreing strikers are that are much better than him?

Edit: if he was from a different era with less modern BS and performance over result agendas and the rise of philospy and system managers he would probably have been moulded into hungiryer and more world class player ?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back