Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one player offered any sort of opportunity for him tonight. As usual

Had lots of opportunities to control the ball. Several opportunities to pass the ball to an Everton player. Didn't take them.

Even let Enner Valencia take a dangerous free kick.

There was a great ball play in to the box and he was hiding behind a centre back. His link up play severely hampered our attacks to the point our players had to always be thinking of defending when he had the ball "under control"

A quality striker would be infront of his man there for a tap in. To me, that was a goalscoring chance (that apparently we arnt creating) however his own movement let him down.

He gets away with murder because he scores all these goals. You see all of our half-decent attacks breaking down as soon as he gets it, very average player.

I'd sell and replace him with someone like Icardi.

There was nothing he could have done today. He got hit with long balls constantly, won a few flick ons, and barring some shocking passing it was just a standard Lukaku performance; nothing notably worse than usual. Indeed, I thought he did fairly well in the first 30.

We just need to get rid as soon as possible at this point, because a move will benefit all parties. His goals disguised his shortcomings for far too long for too many people; if we'd have been honest and identified his weaknesses, perhaps he wouldn't think the sun shone from his arse.

Utterly woeful tonight. Granted, the service into him was none existent, but his hold up play and general awareness was something you'd expect to see in League 1.

He was so isolated though. The second half was ridiculous.

Our tactic of hope Lukaku or Barkley can beat 3 men and slot the finish was never going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back