Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of his worst games for us that was imo, he was up against two utter donkeys in their central defence, we should have played the ball on the floor and in behind them at least once in that match, because hoofing it up to him was stupid, it's the only thing those two can actually defend. Then again, lukaku was hardly maradona when the ball was passed to his feet either.

That other will have to be a workhorse because our fans would moan at Benteke cos hes lazy aswell

haha yep, which is what we need now really. Ah well, i'm not worrying about his replacement yet, we have january to find another top striker with good movement and awareness and who will create a great partnership with him. i'll be seriously peed if we just get lookman because he's only potential atm.

God, if Lukaku frustrates you then I fear for your health if Benteke lines up in a blue shirt.

benteke's floor play is very decent imo, especially if he plays in a front two, i've always thought he's just a tad ahead of lukaku (except when the RS made him look like a carthorse for the only time in his career), but i'm not one who moans too much about lukaku's shoddy workrate :)

benteke's floor play is very decent imo, especially if he plays in a front two, i've always thought he's just a tad ahead of lukaku (except when the RS made him look like a carthorse for the only time in his career), but i'm not one who moans too much about lukaku's shoddy workrate :)

Benteke isn't just a "tad" ahead of Lukaku in his ground game and hold up play; he's leagues ahead.

here's the thing with Lukaku, he is the best goalscorer we've had in the premierleague era but he doesn't suit Koeman's Everton. Everyone's still pretty emotional this morning, the manner of the lose yesterday in many ways hurt more than the 4 nil dry bumming we got last April because if it had ended 0-0 i think most would have accepted it a fair result. But like death and taxes a late winner just felt inevitable and (to come back to Lukaku) i think the blame starts with him and his inability to press and hold the ball up. When we need to hold on for a result we seem incapable of keeping the ball away from our box. Instead we always end up with pinball in our area. That lot benefited from it last night and Arsenal should have the game before. There is a degree of luck involved for sure but if we had players who could run the ball into corners or keep possession in the opponents half then results like last night don't happen.
At the moment Lukaku is pointless - just taking up a place in the team and that's not really his fault, we don't play to his strengths and we don't have the players to support him to get the best out of him and if that isn't going to change then i don't see the point in having him here. We'd be better off cashing in before his value drops and getting in 2-3 players that can at least play the way Koeman wants (what ever that is - at the moment it's not really clear). I'd much prefer we made the most of one of the best young strikers in Europe but we seem determined to waste his talents.

Merry Christmas everyone btw

He needs support up top to work and he needs the midfield to be on top, if we're behind the general play than he doesn't work hard enough to get his own ball and make things happen, which is fine since when he gets provided the ball on a consistent basis, he does well.

I'd rather sell him for 60m+ if that is still an option and spend the money for a fast striker who can press/make their own plays.

He needs support up top to work and he needs the midfield to be on top, if we're behind the general play than he doesn't work hard enough to get his own ball and make things happen, which is fine since when he gets provided the ball on a consistent basis, he does well.

I'd rather sell him for 60m+ if that is still an option and spend the money for a fast striker who can press/make their own plays.

He'd get support if he held the ball up longer than 2 seconds.

Honestly, I think centre halves have a field day with him with his back to goal.

Anichebe held the ball better than Lukaku does

Unfortunately we can't attract a world class striker at the moment so when /if lukaku leaves we will end up with a lesser striker. And if that striker ran around like a headless wind up chicken non stop for the whole match (but scored less goals than Lukaku) I can't help but feel that quite a few people here would be happy with that.

Yes he looks and is lazy but he scores goals and he is the only everton player at the moment that one of the worlds top 5-6 clubs would show interest in.

Hopefully we buy in enough high profile good quality players to keep Lukaku here.

He doesn't want the ball to feet because it makes him look bad. That's why he points and flaps when he makes a half-hearted attempt at a 50/50 pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back