Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on, the work rate issue and the fact that he has the touch of a baby elephant are why the top teams won't come sniffing! I hate the bloke but Ibrahimovich (and he's 35 for goodness sake!) for one, and Costa are both players who put Rom to shame - he should spend his Christmas watching videos of the shift they both put in whenever they step on the pitch!

Not the Costa of last season, but the Costa of this yes! I have abit of a feeling that if Lukaku got the move he wants, the workrate will show up!

love reading the rom fume after another game like last night.

OMG HE DIDN'T SCORE LOADS AND BOSS THE GAME, HE IS CRAP, GET RID!

Not too sure how many strikers in the world would be able to win games by having to jump for 40 yard hoof balls, have no-one AT ALL near him for him to lay it off to, and 4 defenders behind him, whilst having his back to goal for most of the game (and half way up the pitch). the fact any support players had to run from our box after the ball was hit just to make it to him, what else do you want him to do all game?

LFC bypassed the midfield yesterday, but they played balls into the channels, because there forwards were prepared to make them runs, which in turn gives other players the chance to get up the pitch.
Rom stands in his central spot and waits for the ball up to him instead of a ball into an area for him to get onto!

love reading the rom fume after another game like last night.

OMG HE DIDN'T SCORE LOADS AND BOSS THE GAME, HE IS CRAP, GET RID!

Not too sure how many strikers in the world would be able to win games by having to jump for 40 yard hoof balls, have no-one AT ALL near him for him to lay it off to, and 4 defenders behind him, whilst having his back to goal for most of the game (and half way up the pitch). the fact any support players had to run from our box after the ball was hit just to make it to him, what else do you want him to do all game?
The service to him has been piss poor- I'll give you that. His teammates often don't provide enough support and he gets isolated up top. Having said that, in terms of the hoof balls; he is a BIG lad. He should be winning much more of those 50 50's. If they don't reach the target, oh well at least he won the ball. Very seldom does he hold the ball up effectively; he is certainly capable of it as we have seen it. If I'm being honest, he doesn't seem motivated at all and that really hurts the team. I love Lukaku and he is the best player on our team when he's up for it, but again, if I'm being honest, he hurt the team last night.

sell him (he'll go eventually) and build a team
Lukaku, Mirallas, Deulofeu are all individuals. no team players there.
Lennon not good enough, bolasie wasn't good enough and defo won't be after his injury.

Build a team. Get players who are hungry. Don't overpay for players, if you can't get them for the right price then move on to the next target.

and before anyone starts, I'm not having a go at Lukaku Im just saying he's a goalscorer and a PSG, Bayern player not an Everton player. He's perfect for a team that can splash 60M on every single position not us.
sell!

Can't believe people slag off Rom. It was him with a woeful Barkley 40 yards from him, with the rest of the midfield in our own half. Need a lot lot more from that midfield. Horrendson et al passed the ball a hell of a lot better and moved up the pitch as a group.

sell him (he'll go eventually) and build a team
Lukaku, Mirallas, Deulofeu are all individuals. no team players there.
Lennon not good enough, bolasie wasn't good enough and defo won't be after his injury.

Build a team. Get players who are hungry. Don't overpay for players, if you can't get them for the right price then move on to the next target.

and before anyone starts, I'm not having a go at Lukaku Im just saying he's a goalscorer and a PSG, Bayern player not an Everton player. He's perfect for a team that can splash 60M on every single position not us.
sell!

A Bayern player??? Clubs like Bayern are never ever spending 50 mil for a player with that kind of qualities. Never.

Needs to be dropped im afraid. No excuse for lack of workrate - its the bare minimum we expect. Also cant drop Barkley for not performing and leave Lukaku in stinking the place out. May just be what he needs to realise if he wants his big move he has to perform every week.

LFC bypassed the midfield yesterday, but they played balls into the channels, because there forwards were prepared to make them runs, which in turn gives other players the chance to get up the pitch.
Rom stands in his central spot and waits for the ball up to him instead of a ball into an area for him to get onto!

Our wingers are too busy in our own half too

Needs to be dropped im afraid. No excuse for lack of workrate - its the bare minimum we expect. Also cant drop Barkley for not performing and leave Lukaku in stinking the place out. May just be what he needs to realise if he wants his big move he has to perform every week.

That to me means taking our "we might maybe score" current attacking threat to "let's just draw 0-0"

Can't believe people [Poor language removed] off Rom. It was him with a woeful Barkley 40 yards from him, with the rest of the midfield in our own half. Need a lot lot more from that midfield. Horrendson et al passed the ball a hell of a lot better and moved up the pitch as a group.

When he's facing goal Lukaku is a monster mate, all pace and power, the problem is when he's not scoring goals the argument could be that he doesn't really offer us anything else, he's not that great at holding the ball up to bring other players into the game, not that great in the air, for such a big lad he doesn't put himself about enough, also, Koeman supposedly likes his players to defend from the front, and Lukaku can be a tad lazy.

Not knocking him by the way (just playing devil's advocate) because we should be doing our utmost to keep him, and then bring the players in to compliment him, an example being a playmaker in the middle who Lukaku can feed off.

That to me means taking our "we might maybe score" current attacking threat to "let's just draw 0-0"

We dont know that though do we - we desperately need a new striker in order to push Lukaku but whats the harm in going 4-4-2 and playing Valencia and DCL up top for a game. Valencia has shown he will run the channels and DCL has the whole unknown factor that means young strikers quite often will get a flurry of goals. If we dont try it we will never know - what I do know is that the definition of insanity is doing tha same thing again and again and expecting different results. What we are doing at the minute isnt working - we have won once in eleven games I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back