Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant put a value on him...thats how good he is....how good he will become etc.

Wouldnt swap him for anyone...

Another Deulofeu type on the left....Deulofeu on the right...Barkley in centre mid and a top playmaker behind Lukaku...

The firepower there would destroy anyone...i literally mean anyone....

We'd be worse at defending than we are now, like...

...I noted a few comments about Benteke yesterday, Pool fans saying he's a bit 'wooden' and offers little movement. I wouldn't swap Lukaku for Benteke, I really wouldn't.

i would have taken benteke before his injury because he was closer to the finished article, but always maintained lukaku would go on to have the better career. I'd love to be belgian boss and have the firepower they possess at the moment.

He is in the top 10 strikers in the world, can't think of many better.

If we're just counting traditional 'no.9s', then off the top of my head...

1. Suarez
2. Lewandoski
3. Aguero
4. Ibrahimovic
5. Benzema
6. Costa
7. Cavani
8. Aubameyang
9. Martniez
10. Teves...

It's opinion of course, but I wouldn't say in the top 10 (unless you're being sarcastic).

if we bought another striker do we think we should buy someone who we could potentially play with rom, or someone who would act as back up? be nice to have someone who offers something different but also someone who can play roms role, tricky..

1. Suarez
2. Lewandoski
3. Aguero
4. Ibrahimovic
5. Benzema
10. Teves

It's opinion of course, but I wouldn't say in the top 10 (unless you're being sarcastic).

6. Costa - Is he really better than Rom, he got 1 more goal last season, and has what 2 this season ??
7. Cavani - Possible a bit better, but not by much, similar goal record.
8. Aubameyang - Same level, maybe more a wider player than actual striker.
9. Martniez - Hmmm, not sure. I would say Rom is better.

Only thing I can say is Rom has not played Champs League like these have, but his goals are up their with most.

1. Suarez
2. Lewandoski
3. Aguero
4. Ibrahimovic
5. Benzema
6. Costa
7. Cavani
8. Aubameyang
9. Martniez
10. Teves...

Aubameyang is absolutely dog poo mate! Put him in our team and he would get Naismith numbers!

1. Suarez
2. Lewandoski
3. Aguero
4. Ibrahimovic
5. Benzema
6. Costa
7. Cavani
8. Aubameyang
9. Martniez
10. Teves...

I suppose the only thing you could say about that list is how many would they score for us (or how many could Rom score with the level of service they get)
Rom playing up front for Barca/Bayern/City etc would get far more , clearer chances per game than he gets for us.

I do have better things to do in work but I thought this conversation was more important!
I have compiled a list of Premier League Apeerances, goals & goals per game for probably the best strikers over the last 3/4 years!
Obviously the stats are going to be skewed a little as some players have played more than others, have different service, not palyed the full 90 when it comes to appearances (Roms case at West Brom) or the player may have scored loads in the past but form is declining (Rooney, Costa)

Name / Apps / Goals / Goals per game

Aguero (City) / 128 / 84 / 1.52
Costa (Chelsea) / 37 / 22 / 1.68
Kane (Spurs) / 57 / 30 / 1.90
Benteke (Villa, Liverpool) / 98 / 46 / 2.13
Rooney (Man Utd) / 418 / 187 / 2.23
Giroud (Arsenal) / 108 / 47 / 2.29
Lukaku (Chelsea, WBA, Everton) / 114 / 49 / 2.32
Bony (Swansea, City) / 74 / 30 / 2.46
Pelle (Southampton) / 49 / 18 / 2.72

As I said the stats don't confirm nor prove anything for example how many more goals would rom have if he had Eriksson behind him last season instead of Naismith
A couple of things I have noticed though, Benteke's goal record is impressive considering he was in a poor villa team and had a really bad injury and Rooneys record over the amount of games he has played is impressive considering his poor runs of form and not always playing as a striker

Aubameyang is absolutely dog poo mate! Put him in our team and he would get Naismith numbers!

Right, he's one of the best/most consistent forwards in Europe. He's been absolutely immense for Dortmund this season.

Cavani has been on fire for PSG this season and is better than Rom, as is Costa.

Look, I love Rom, genuinely he's the best striker we've had at Everton as far back as I remember. But top 10 strikers in the world at the moment? No way.

EDIT: Just to clarify, Aubameyang has 22 goals and 5 assists so far this season. He's been playing as a central striker under Tuchel and is on fire.

He was also Dortmund's top-scorer last season. The lad is class. As is Rom, but Aubameyang, at the moment, is the better, more rounded player, IMO.

But, there is four years between the two of them and I'm sure, in four years time, Rom will probably be better.

Right, he's one of the best/most consistent forwards in Europe. He's been absolutely immense for Dortmund this season.

Cavani has been on fire for PSG this season and is better than Rom, as is Costa.

Look, I love Rom, genuinely he's the best striker we've had at Everton as far back as I remember. But top 10 strikers in the world at the moment? No way.

I never said anything about Rom, Cavani!

All I said was Aubemayang is dog poo!
He plays for a team that create a lot of chances and in a league that isn't as strong as it was 4/5 years ago.
I genuinely believe though if Rom played upfront for Dortmund he would net more than aubemayang & id say the same for a lot of other strikers.
He is just Danny Ings with a flashy haircut

I never said anything about Rom, Cavani!

All I said was Aubemayang is dog poo!
He plays for a team that create a lot of chances and in a league that isn't as strong as it was 4/5 years ago.
I genuinely believe though if Rom played upfront for Dortmund he would net more than aubemayang & id say the same for a lot of other strikers.
He is just Danny Ings with a flashy haircut

Regards the top two, I meant to quote @Pabbers as well, but forgot!

Fair enough if that's your opinion, but I can't agree with it.

He has everything and so what if he plays for a team that create a lot of chances in a league that isn't as strong ? You could say the same for Lewandoski surely based on that theory? He still puts them away and some of his goals have been unbelievable.

He's been superb and to score 22 goals in 20 games (across all comps) so far this season is fantastic. There's no hiding away from that.

As I said, I love Rom, but imo Aubameyang is currently the better player. I personally don't feel Rom would've scored that many by now in the same circumstances.

Regards the top two, I meant to quote @Pabbers as well, but forgot!

Fair enough if that's your opinion, but I can't agree with it.

He has everything and so what if he plays for a team that create a lot of chances in a league that isn't as strong ? You could say the same for Lewandoski surely based on that theory? He still puts them away and some of his goals have been unbelievable.

He's been superb and to score 22 goals in 20 games (across all comps) so far this season is fantastic. There's no hiding away from that.

As I said, I love Rom, but imo Aubameyang is currently the better player. I personally don't feel Rom would've scored that many by now in the same circumstances.

That's fine mate, he is a good player. I think Rom is easily in the same bracket as him, and most of the other top 10 you mentioned, and is the youngest of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back