Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree there. Morata is very good but I'd say Rom edges it. Jovetic has been on fire for Inter so far but hasn't cut it in the Prem - though I feel City was just a step too far for him (he needs to be a big fish in a small pond, so to speak).

The odd player debate aside, surely we can agree that he is in the top 10 strikers ?

Opinions differ on some, but I just cant see him NOT in that top 10.

The odd player debate aside, surely we can agree that he is in the top 10 strikers ?

Not for me, yet. Not far off, and to say he's only 22. As I said, best striker we've had in ages (bar when the Yak was incredible that one season).

Depends what you mean.

On form, perhaps, but generally speaking there are more than 10 better strikers out there I'd say

Sturridge across the park, for example, is a better striker when fit. His scoring record is up there with the very best, but that's not much use to anyone if he's not playing. You could extend the same argument to Aguero even.

Without taking form or fitness into account, I'd probably say the following are better strikers:

Aguero, Sturridge, Costa, Rooney (form or just a player declining?), Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski, Tevez, Lacazette.

That's really before I've thought about it properly.

What I would say though is that Rom is coming on leaps and bounds as a player and his form is up there with the best this season overall. If he keeps it up, it won't be long before I'm including him in that sort of list.

If we're just counting traditional 'no.9s', then off the top of my head...

1. Suarez
2. Lewandoski
3. Aguero
4. Ibrahimovic
5. Benzema
6. Costa
7. Cavani
8. Aubameyang
9. Martniez
10. Teves...

It's opinion of course, but I wouldn't say in the top 10 (unless you're being sarcastic).

.....I wouldn't swap him for Costa. My opinion only.

Depends what you mean.

On form, perhaps, but generally speaking there are more than 10 better strikers out there I'd say

Sturridge across the park, for example, is a better striker when fit. His scoring record is up there with the very best, but that's not much use to anyone if he's not playing. You could extend the same argument to Aguero even.

Without taking form or fitness into account, I'd probably say the following are better strikers:

Aguero, Sturridge, Costa, Rooney (form or just a player declining?), Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski, Tevez, Lacazette.

What I would say though is that Rom is coming on leaps and bounds as a player and his form is up there with the best this season overall. If he keeps it up, it won't be long before I'm including him in that sort of list.

Good post this, can defo see your point mate.

The reason us and some others put down Rom is his first touch. But how do we all know that every one of these listed players don't have a poor touch, or something else that lets them down ??

Rooney is slow, Zlatan is moody, Suarez dives, Costa scores less and causes trouble, Sturridge is never fit.

Point is, they all have faults, but nobody picks on them, because they score goals, and that is what Rom is doing.

Depends what you mean.

Totally agree! Though I think Rom would probably better Lacazette if he played for Lille. I'd give anything to have them both here at the same time, like!

Fair play. Costa is the better striker IMO. Five years older, but still, better.

....I have to admit to not being overly impressed with Costa pre-Chelsea but he won me over because he was great last season. He appears ineffective this time around but that might just be linked to the malaise around the club at the moment.

Lukaku wi wnd up with more goals than costa by the end of their careers imo. Roms only like twenty goals off lf him right now.

Aside from aguero i wouldnt trade lukaku for anyone in the league and even then due to agueros injuries id be hard pushed.

Really isnt many strikers as good as him or better, definitely the best striker of his age group right now.

i love him and rate him highly, but he's not in the class of the players being compared in this thread. Not yet anyway, he will have a great career and would thrive at one of the top clubs because he's a great finisher, has the correct mentality and is level headed and determined. He really should be playing for a champions league team right now if we're being honest though and his scoring records would only go up because of the creative players said teams have.

A bit odd lacazette has only scored 1 in 10 internationally? Lyon arent what they once were either...

Lukaku really is top notch and you only start realising just how good when you compare him to others in a similar age group.

How many u23 strikers are better than him?

Totally agree! Though I think Rom would probably better Lacazette if he played for Lille. I'd give anything to have them both here at the same time, like!

Ronaldo plays as a pure striker nowadays. I don't think you can really leave him out of that list of strikers better than Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back