Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rom is ace and is getting better, the one thing he has in our favor is a poor touch/layoff. That works for us, because if he trapped the ball well and laid it off to roughly the correct part of the pitch he's aiming at, our great striker becomes someone elses great striker.

Though I don't think he wouldn't do well in Chelsea or Arsenals squad because they play intricate passing and he would do more harm than good when it reaches him, for most CL teams, he would be just a decent player..

I disagree when Martinez said that we should build the team around Barkley though, I think it should be built around Rom, and we should define our tactics on how to get the ball in front of Lukaku when he is facing the goal.

As a player, he's actually not that great, as a striker though, there are few better in the prem. Shot, header, run round the keeper you expect him to score when he gets a chance.

There's some absolute tosh in the Premier League as well. Don't get suckered in by the nonsense about it being amazingly competitive, 3 different winners in the past 10 years says it all.

Let's be honest, once you get past the top 8 in each the standard is going to decline. You can't say the likes of Newcastle/Sunderland are better than most of the Bundesliga. They'd be scrapping around the bottom there too.

That's kinda my point, mate. The Bundesliga is a strong league.

50ml would be cheap in my eyes

I said last season that the work RM was doing with Lukaku would make him a far better all round player
He is now looking a class act in most areas, and add to a great goal record he will be very hot property come the summer.

I still sit with 55 - 60ml bracket

Until he bags 30 goals a season he's not worth that kind of money.

"ON HIS DAY" he is everything that he looks he should be, a powerful bullying centre forward who dominates the defence. His finishing when on form is top notch - up there with the best.

For me some people have tended to get far too carried away with him - I struggle with the level of his "not really bothered today" performances.

People blow a fuse when he is called lazy, but I struggle to find a more apropriate word. Other people don't look for a word to describe those performances - they look to criticise tactics, his service, whether he has played too much.

Ross gets called everything under the sun yet Rom escapes criticism.

Case and point for me was the Liverpool game, he was isolated a lot in that game but his attitude was absolutely spot on, therefore he was immense - possibly the most complete "strikers performance" I have seen in a long time and one I wasn't expecting off him. My question is - why not all the time - or at least more of the time? There really is no explaining some of his games, you actualy would be forgiven for thinking that someone had drugged him.

Of recent I have seen a better level of consistency, touch and more importantly "work rate/attitude" - if this continues then the sky is the limit for the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back