Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
His goal yesterday shows us all what he can do. Get him running at defenders (one on one) at pace and he can be lethal. Improving his play 'back to goal', and his application (imposing his strength on his markers) is what he needs to improve on.
I've said it before, but his performances week to week can be night and day. Needs a bit more consistency to his game if he's to be considered the top class player he thinks he already is.

True that, same at City, one on one there was only going to be one winner there, needs to do it more often or be served better

One great ball and he powered past two defenders to score not many could have done that, maybe Costa - we have to play to his strenghd he is not a back to goal player he needs it down the sides or over the top end of!

I actually believe he can be a linkup player (with back to goal), but only if our midfielders are closer to him. If he has to keep the ball longer for them to go forward(slowly) he's no good. But he can lay off ball or flick them through when teammates are near him.

Interesting quotes from the manager

“The message to him at half-time was to tell him that sometimes he runs too much (out wide) and that he needed to stay up front"

That's what I thought when seeing him play the last few games. It's as if he's not allowed to leave the centre of the field.
Maybe this will shed a different light on his laziness for some... Probably not.

That will never be his game, and shouldn't be. Too much muscle mass; it's impractical for him to be running round like a Jamie Vardy.

What he does need to do is develop his off the ball movement to be smarter and more determined, and then work on retaining the ball when he does move into good space.

He isn't a striker who can run and run and run, we know that and I don't expect him to be a Suarez type, but I disagree about the pressing situation. He can do an extra 10 5 seconds sprints per game than he does currently (same goes for the players just behind him) without killing himself. He does an average of 40 sprints per game (compared to Costa's 66 per game)

Fully agree with the rest though.

I think we all know Lukaku's strengths and his weaknesses. Maybe we should start to play to his strengths and stop worrying about what he can't do. Get a system which allows him to run at defences rather than have his back to them. I would imagine that if you asked most centre halves would they prefer to have Lukaku with his back to you or coming straight at you they would say the former.

"Get rid !!!" "He's crap !!!" "He doesn't run around like Andy Johnson."

Yeah, let's let him go and bring in a replacement cause that'll be easy to find right? Strikers grow on trees and if they don't, it doesn't matter because we're loaded now. It'll be easy to replace him.

It doesn't matter that he's isolated up top. It doesn't matter that we hoof balls up to him constantly. It doesn't matter that we expect every touch to be perfect. It doesn't matter that the form of the entire team is poor and that directly effects his chances. IT DOESNT MATTER !!!

Sell him for 60M (cause some Evertonians think he's crap but still want top dollar for him...idiots) and go buy Beattie, Beckford, Bent, Johnson, and Radzindki. Throw in an extra fiver and we'll get Steve Watson up front again.

The good old days of Everton strikers shall return and we can finally rid ourselves of this no good, poor touch, lazy striker we've got and return to our winning ways.

"Get rid !!!" "He's crap !!!" "He doesn't run around like Andy Johnson."

Yeah, let's let him go and bring in a replacement cause that'll be easy to find right? Strikers grow on trees and if they don't, it doesn't matter because we're loaded now. It'll be easy to replace him.

It doesn't matter that he's isolated up top. It doesn't matter that we hoof balls up to him constantly. It doesn't matter that we expect every touch to be perfect. It doesn't matter that the form of the entire team is poor and that directly effects his chances. IT DOESNT MATTER !!!

Sell him for 60M (cause some Evertonians think he's crap but still want top dollar for him...idiots) and go buy Beattie, Beckford, Bent, Johnson, and Radzindki. Throw in an extra fiver and we'll get Steve Watson up front again.

The good old days of Everton strikers shall return and we can finally rid ourselves of this no good, poor touch, lazy striker we've got and return to our winning ways.

I love the way that just because we want Lukaku gone, we automatically want Andy Johnson back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back