Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all know Lukaku's strengths and his weaknesses. Maybe we should start to play to his strengths and stop worrying about what he can't do. Get a system which allows him to run at defences rather than have his back to them. I would imagine that if you asked most centre halves would they prefer to have Lukaku with his back to you or coming straight at you they would say the former.

We're so deep at the moment, surely he can only look forward and run?

I'm a Lukaku fan but I hate this argument.

We aren't paid handsomely to scout hundreds of players, but the club employ people who are so you'd think that we'd have alternatives.

Why? Its a good debate, they really want someone sold so i ask who would you like in? Its what a forum is for, whether that be about a player coming in or new manager.

It's a bit boring really but, just to sum this up, for you and others(I can't be bothered putting all the quotes in here, much like you couldn't when you replied),

The manager said "we need to press from the front"....he doesn't and that simply means players within 5 or 10 yards of him!

“The message to him at half-time was to tell him that sometimes he runs too much (out wide) and that he needed to stay up front"....when we have possession of the ball

"He still does press though. The manager has also praised him (The manager shouldn't, especially if he wants us to do well) many times so he must be doing something right"....praised him for pressing? even when he says we need to press more from the front i.e. him

Hang on you're the one who brought the managers quotes into it, now you just dismiss what the manager is saying??....answered that above i.e the manager might be wrong?

That's some high level debating skill right there....Thank You.

He's the best striker we've had for a while but, if he wants to become a 'great' striker, he needs to improve his overall game. If he does that we won't see it because he'll have moved to another team, which is what'll happen when someone 'decent' actually bids for him. Until then, as others have said, enjoy him but, also hold him to the same standards that are asked of others in the team.

Putting aside you reading koemans mind as to what he's talking about where is your quote from about pressing from the front?

I can't seem to find it.

ironically all of this just backs up my original post that he did everything the haters want of him on Tuesday for the goal and they're still moaning.

Ironically Lukakus goal came from hitting the channel and working hard to use his power against Morgan.

Exactly what the haters want and they still moan

Reactions: DRM
Gary lineker used to do nowt, literally nowt, apart from pop up and slot the ball in from usually less than 6 yards. I can't ever recall him scoring from outside the penalty box or putting a tackle in or chasing someone down. As long as rom scores circa 20 a season, any extra work he does apart from being a boss slotter is a bonus for me. Play to his strengths rather than coaching the good stuff out of him

Who would you want just out of interest?

Exactly Lukaku is the best we can have.

I get this every now and again and, unlike a few on here, I won't claim to have an intimate knowledge of European football, and won't use google to pretend I do. I pretty much only watch Everton games these days. But Rom's deficiencies as a footballer are clear as day.

I accept that it is unlikely we'll get another striker who scores as many as he does, but I know there are plenty of footballers out there who can receive the ball under pressure and won't break down our own attacks on such a regular basis. Basic skills.

It's been a recurring theme over the last few years that Lukaku is somehow too good for us, an idea reinforced by the big man himself in interviews over the years. Well where are these bids for him? Lukaku's highlight reel would be up there with the best of them, but a cursory glance at a few of his games would be enough to turn any potential suitor off. I'm honestly afraid we'll be stuck with this lad for 2 years while we desperately try to find a buyer willing to meet our valuation.

I get this every now and again and, unlike a few on here, I won't claim to have an intimate knowledge of European football, and won't use google to pretend I do. I pretty much only watch Everton games these days. But Rom's deficiencies as a footballer are clear as day.

I accept that it is unlikely we'll get another striker who scores as many as he does, but I know there are plenty of footballers out there who can receive the ball under pressure and won't break down our own attacks on such a regular basis. Basic skills.

It's been a recurring theme over the last few years that Lukaku is somehow too good for us, an idea reinforced by the big man himself in interviews over the years. Well where are these bids for him? Lukaku's highlight reel would be up there with the best of them, but a cursory glance at a few of his games would be enough to turn any potential suitor off. I'm honestly afraid we'll be stuck with this lad for 2 years while we desperately try to find a buyer willing to meet our valuation.
Nah. Although there are aspects of his game that might put off the top 4 or 5 clubs, aside from Costa, ibra, and the argie city chap whos name escapes me, he's best of the rest with Kane. We're lucky to have him.

Nah. Although there are aspects of his game that might put off the top 4 or 5 clubs, aside from Costa, ibra, and the argie city chap whos name escapes me, he's best of the rest with Kane. We're lucky to have him.
We're not lucky to have him at all,he's at his level right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back