Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary lineker used to do nowt, literally nowt, apart from pop up and slot the ball in from usually less than 6 yards. I can't ever recall him scoring from outside the penalty box or putting a tackle in or chasing someone down. As long as rom scores circa 20 a season, any extra work he does apart from being a boss slotter is a bonus for me. Play to his strengths rather than coaching the good stuff out of him

Yeah true this, wasnt it Lineker who never got booked? Yeah he did score a lot of goals but he had the service, which Rom hasnt had. Lineker knew how to get into the right area, I do think that is something Rom needs to learn, at times on Saturday he was out near the corner flag!!

Yeah true this, wasnt it Lineker who never got booked? Yeah he did score a lot of goals but he had the service, which Rom hasnt had. Lineker knew how to get into the right area, I do think that is something Rom needs to learn, at times on Saturday he was out near the corner flag!!
I know what you mean but his odd positioning can give him chances. In the arsenal game, mcmanaman had a go at rom who was hovering inside the pen box and macm said he should be in the 6yd box to give an option. Less than 10 seconds later the ball broke to rom who had a few yards of space to get a chance. Let him learn what works for him regarding his positioning and he'll score plenty

Gary lineker used to do nowt, literally nowt, apart from pop up and slot the ball in from usually less than 6 yards. I can't ever recall him scoring from outside the penalty box or putting a tackle in or chasing someone down. As long as rom scores circa 20 a season, any extra work he does apart from being a boss slotter is a bonus for me. Play to his strengths rather than coaching the good stuff out of him

....if I remember rightly, Lineker played alongside Graeme Sharp, a technically outstanding target man who led the line. When Lineker signed he went on record to say he couldn't believe how good Sharp was. We are totally reliant on Lukaku for his goals but he's far from the complete centre forward. I had the privilege of watching Ibrahimovic recently at Goodison and the contrast was stark.

Lukaku was sorely needed against the Reds but he failed to lead the line, run the channels, get free kicks and relieve pressure on his team mates. That's where he needs to improve.

....if I remember rightly, Lineker played alongside Graeme Sharp, a technically outstanding target man who led the line. When Lineker signed he went on record to say he couldn't believe how good Sharp was. We are totally reliant on Lukaku for his goals but he's far from the complete centre forward. I had the privilege of watching Ibrahimovic recently at Goodison and the contrast was stark.

Lukaku was sorely needed against the Reds but he failed to lead the line, run the channels, get free kicks and relieve pressure on his team mates. That's where he needs to improve.
Stop using facts to win an argument, that's cheating

I know what you mean but his odd positioning can give him chances. In the arsenal game, mcmanaman had a go at rom who was hovering inside the pen box and macm said he should be in the 6yd box to give an option. Less than 10 seconds later the ball broke to rom who had a few yards of space to get a chance. Let him learn what works for him regarding his positioning and he'll score plenty
His goal against Leicester came from him picking the ball up on the flank as well, for example.

Putting aside you reading koemans mind as to what he's talking about where is your quote from about pressing from the front?

I can't seem to find it.

ironically all of this just backs up my original post that he did everything the haters want of him on Tuesday for the goal and they're still moaning.

And the Everton manager elaborated here.
"You know, the first quality of pressing is by the front players," he said. "If they fail in pressing, they give more problems to the midfield players and finally the worse problem for the defenders. [Lukaku] needs to realise that he is the first to do that pressing, and that's different to what he used to do in the last two seasons.

That was the first link I clicked on, not sure where you're looking?

Reactions: DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back