Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many have scored more goals than him

Nobody said anything about his goal ratio which stands up against anyone. The argument is does he work hard enough - the answer is no and you cant dispute that with the facts presented.

To then be accused of racism for doubting his work ethic is a bit ott.

Nobody said anything about his goal ratio which stands up against anyone. The argument is does he work hard enough - the answer is no and you cant dispute that with the facts presented.

To then be accused of racism for doubting his work ethic is a bit ott.
I never accused you of any sort of racism....never even mentioned rasicm
As for him being lazy, I don't care as long as he keeps scoring at the rate he does
I think his work rate would improve if he was played the right way, pushing balls down the channels and balls for him to run onto....but we don't so he appears lazy...

I never accused you of any sort of racism....never even mentioned rasicm
As for him being lazy, I don't care as long as he keeps scoring at the rate he does
I think his work rate would improve if he was played the right way, pushing balls down the channels and balls for him to run onto....but we don't so he appears lazy...

Not you mate, read further back. A poster said that maybe the reason Rom is accused of being lazy is because he's not caucasion.

Its a good debate and people feel very different about his work rate but the race card shouldnt be thrown about.

Im on the side of him needing to work harder. He run less than ANY outfield player in the PL last season - thats a fact. He's close to the bottom again and I feel he can do more to help the team.

Goals V Distance covered, baring in mind he's a 6ft 3" bag of muscle and isn't designed to run around like Aguero. That's not to say he can't improve but first and foremost we need to play to his strengths because he will score goals.

Hopefully we get some new players and freshen everything up and nobody will care how much ground he covers because he will be bagging goals for fun. In my opinion of course.

Not you mate, read further back. A poster said that maybe the reason Rom is accused of being lazy is because he's not caucasion.

Its a good debate and people feel very different about his work rate but the race card shouldnt be thrown about.

Im on the side of him needing to work harder. He run less than ANY outfield player in the PL last season - thats a fact. He's close to the bottom again and I feel he can do more to help the team.
No one will disagree he needs to put more work in, but I don't want him running around like Straq did. I want him running the channels and of the backs of the CH. I watch Costa and his movement is good and he runs off the ball better than most. The big difference is he has Hazard and others working around him and supplying him great service. lukaku is left very isolated and has nobody to realy support him, hence he becomes very static and lacks Movement. At this moment in time I think he needs to play this way until we get players who can support him and creat more space for him to exploit. As for the race card silly argument...

Interesting responses - I think he does get extra stick from certain members of our fanbase. In my opinion he is the best goalscorer we have had since Bob Latchford and Bob didn't often exert himself. People are very quick to attack him for being lazy, especially at the match. Just curious as to why this might be.

Bugs me mate, Rom is lazy because he's lazy - the distance covered stats show it, nothing to do with his colour and its downright insulting to be accused of racism when you have facts to backup an argument.

Gana just happens to be black and you dont hear one peep about him being lazy - because he's not.
Who accused you of racism?

Who accused you of racism?

See above post, you said you often wonder if people say Rom is lazy as he's not caucasian. Im one of his biggest critics and I will keep on saying it.

He covered the least distance per 90 mins of ALL outfield players in the PL last season and there were about 500 players! So technically he is the laziest outfield player in the PL.......They are facts, not just my opinion.

It may be a mistake to think that we should plan a team around Lukaku. He may well be off after this season, almost certainly if we miss European competition. I'd like to see the club planning for a post-Lukaku future.

See above post, you said you often wonder if people say Rom is lazy as he's not caucasian. Im one of his biggest critics and I will keep on saying it.

He covered the least distance per 90 mins of ALL outfield players in the PL last season and there were about 500 players! So technically he is the laziest outfield player in the PL.......They are facts, not just my opinion.

Yes, and I will continue to wonder if for some people this is the case. I never accused you of racism and I apologise if it came across like this - it certainly wasn't personal. All, most or none of the people who call him lazy may or may not be be racist - I don`t know and that is why i wonder why he is accused of it so often. I still think he takes too much stick for it. Your stats are correct but he also scores a lot of goals in our very mediocre premiership team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back