Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough mate, with being a huge critic I probably took it personal.

Have you ever thought that we are saying he's lazy because the facts prove that he is. Its so frustrating because he is a world class goalscorer, you cant take that away from him but if he could just work even 20% more then he could be scoring/creating even more.

We are entitled to want him to come off the field giving 100%. If Klopp and Guardiola can expect a bit more from Sturridge and Aguero, whose records are up there with Rom, then why cant we expect a bit more from him?

Sorry - this was supposed to be my reply "I agree. We can expect more from him and other players also."

He was playing a difficult role today felt like we was using him as a target man when it isn't really his game.

That said he did his best to make it work, when we had Valencia around him he was excellent and his finish was fantastic.

Sign the new deal asap.

Game was littered with loose touches until about the 70th minute when he decided to start controlling the ball and passing it properly. He shows in fits and starts he can do it - I think its a lack of concentration half the time.

Game was littered with loose touches until about the 70th minute when he decided to start controlling the ball and passing it properly. He shows in fits and starts he can do it - I think its a lack of concentration half the time.
He has the skill. Like you said he is out of it sometimes for sure

Some superb hold-up play today with good passing short and long, chased a number of lost causes, scored an absolute screamer and got an assist that he deserved after some good play in the build-up to the first goal.

11 goals and 4 assists this season.

Made a massive difference to him when Valencia came on. Some getting a bit closer and running off him.
Maybe we are only a few players away from being a more competitive team?
First half was hard to watch but as soon as the first one went in we started playing a lot better.
Rom has got to stay, best we've had in decades.

I've been his biggest critic but his 2nd half display today was a fantastic centre forwards performance. Power, pace, touch and his hold up play was superb. Long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back