Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made no effort to celebrate the first two goals, made a conscious decision to walk away from the other players. It looked really weird and something I've never seen before.
His actions after the second goal resembled a petulant child who didn't get his own way, but his response with the goal was what I wanted to see.

On another note, it was nice to see Coleman show more examples of how his leadership skills by being assertive over the penalty.

I've expected Rom to leave every single summer since he arrived. As such, I've never allowed myself to fully warm to him.

That first season, when we knew we had to give him back, was a simple arrangement - and everyone was on board with it.

Now, he seems to divide the fan base. I can see both sides, and I'm not too bothered what happens.

Either we keep him and get a guaranteed goal haul each season, or we sell him and get some serious cash, a new striker with better hold-up play and therefore more goals from midfield.

I can live with either scenario.

Disappointed with his antics after the pen. He was brilliant today and I get he wants to score goals but the fact he had a sulk during the celebrations and carried it on to his goal left a sour taste.

I never noticed that......Inwas looking at the players whom were celebrating the penalty goal and clapping my hands.

Did Rom really do that?

He was quality second half. Rolling the defenders, using his body and winning challenges. Seems to enjoy playing with Valencia. Yes he sulked when Baines took the pen instead of him, but hes a goalscorer so he is going to be frustrated. As long as he then goes and puts the ball in the net like he did i dont see a problem!

He's getting better at isolating the physically weaker opponents.

I first noticed it when he kept attaching himself to Obiang against West Ham, and again in the second half vs. Arsenal, where at some point it clicked that he had to stay away from Koscielny and pick on Gabriel.

Today he did a good job of avoiding Fonte and forcing Yoshida and Clasie to challenge him in the air.

I'm never going to rate a footballer who can't control a ball, but it's still interesting to watch him add little bits to his game here and there.

He can be the difference between Everton and some of these other mid table sides. Look at the misses by Rodriguez and Antonio today for Soton and West Ham. Without Rom we have that same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back