Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kid has only just turned 23 and he has already scored more Premier League goals than the likes of Eric Cantona and Duncan Ferguson.

Future Everton legend.
It's so weird with this because he's so divisive. His overall play is mostly sub-par but there isn't much to convince anyone he isn't one of the best goal scorers in the Premier League. You'd think someone with his record would be absolutely adored but there are a lot that just don't like him. And their reasonings aren't exactly invalid.

just watched the highlights re this, for the first he fist pumps when it goes in, second he appeals for the pen and claps his hands when baines slots it, and for the third he looks straight for Tom Davies to acknowledge the pass. I can't see what he did wrong..?

He doesn't run around wildly kissing the badge, I guess.

If you really want to see a player who's disappointed when someone else scores instead of him, go to Madrid.

I agree with you about Rom and pennos, Tel.

Even the ones he scores rarely look convincing :mad:

Re Baines.....I think the record books show two missed penalties.....that one against Stoke earlier in the season came back of the post and went in off the keeper's head. It went down as an own goal :(

Baines is our penalty taker and Rom should not be haggling over it when one is awarded.

That could easily distract the taker.

Baines should always take the pens.
But did Rom really haggle over it or just have the ball in his hands? I didn't see that.

just watched the highlights re this, for the first he fist pumps when it goes in, second he appeals for the pen and claps his hands when baines slots it, and for the third he looks straight for Tom Davies to acknowledge the pass. I can't see what he did wrong..?
With the second, all the other players (bar two defenders already back and Joel) go over to celebrate together near the goal.

Rom on the other hand gives a quick clap and trudges back to the half way line showing sign of any happiness - does that not seem slightly odd?

He usually keenly celebrates our goals.

Last edited:
With the second, all the other players (bar two defenders already back and Joel) go over to celebrate together near the goal.

Rom on the other hand gives a quick clap and solely trudges back to the half way line - does that not seem slightly odd? He usually keenly celebrates our goals.
Think it was more of an acknowledgement on his part that the game was over as a contest with the second goal

Baines should always take the pens.
But did Rom really haggle over it or just have the ball in his hands? I didn't see that.

Nor me.

I am just going by what folk on here have said.

If he did, it certainly was nowt like the night Kev hijacked the penno :oops:

I'm glad he didn't celebrate wildly. Turning over teams is what we should do. The 80's team always pretended they'd gone a goal down as soon as they'd scored didn't they, to keep their focus? Sure one of the elderly posters can correct me on that?

His overall play has really improved recently, holding the ball up, bringing teammates into play, winning more aerial duels etc. if we can bring in better-quality teammates and drill some more movement and urgency in the side I can really see him and us getting even better.

I'm glad he didn't celebrate wildly. Turning over teams is what we should do. The 80's team always pretended they'd gone a goal down as soon as they'd scored didn't they, to keep their focus? Sure one of the elderly posters can correct me on that?
Ive genuinely not heard of that but it wasn't too often we went a goal down as we had Southall in goal.

Rom on the other hand gives a quick clap and trudges back to the half way line showing sign of any happiness - does that not seem slightly odd?

He usually keenly celebrates our goals.
He was riding Williams around screaming against Arsenal. I'm not too worried

He was riding Williams around screaming against Arsenal. I'm not too worried

IMG_2689.webp

Someone obviously didn't tell Andy gray that. One of the highlights of that 80s team was the look on gray's face and celebration when he scored. Great times, great memories.

Someone obviously didn't tell Andy gray that. One of the highlights of that 80s team was the look on gray's face and celebration when he scored. Great times, great memories.
I guess I meant more in outlook, be professional, switched on, never think the match is won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back