Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
His actions after the second goal resembled a petulant child who didn't get his own way, but his response with the goal was what I wanted to see.

On another note, it was nice to see Coleman show more examples of how his leadership skills by being assertive over the penalty.
just watched the highlights re this, for the first he fist pumps when it goes in, second he appeals for the pen and claps his hands when baines slots it, and for the third he looks straight for Tom Davies to acknowledge the pass. I can't see what he did wrong..?

Nothing better than a bit of passion

Pogba has the Dab, Big Rom has the "Turn around and walk towards our half looking disappointed"

He was quality second half. Rolling the defenders, using his body and winning challenges. Seems to enjoy playing with Valencia. Yes he sulked when Baines took the pen instead of him, but hes a goalscorer so he is going to be frustrated. As long as he then goes and puts the ball in the net like he did i dont see a problem!

He's crap at pens and cost us an FA cup final appearance that would have been against palace... he can sulk all he wants I don't give a French connection United Kingdom.... baines missed one in his career ... he should stay on them... deal with it rom

just watched the highlights re this, for the first he fist pumps when it goes in, second he appeals for the pen and claps his hands when baines slots it, and for the third he looks straight for Tom Davies to acknowledge the pass. I can't see what he did wrong..?

He didn't rip his top of and do a lap of goodison flexing his muscles and parading an Everton FC birth mark

As mentioned in the Barkley thread IF you want to get the best out of Rom and Ross you have to compensate for what they lack.

They are both top class players but lack movement and energy. This is why Gueye stands out so much and Davies has had a positive impact.

You cannot have Barry, Mirallas, Deulofeu etc in the same team as they are often static, slow to cover errors. Not calling them bad players but they have the same weaknesses as the two mentioned. Barry is due to age sadly.

You cannot have Cleverley anywhere near either as not only does he have a similar problem he also hides and moves into positions where he cannot receive possession. A few others are guilty of this too.

That is the job of Koeman and Walsh. Find players who will create the balance the side is crying out for.
I'll say one thing about Kev, if he screws up and gives the ball away, he busts his gut to get back. That's a definite redeeming quality for him imo.

He's crap at pens and cost us an FA cup final appearance that would have been against palace... he can sulk all he wants I don't give a French connection United Kingdom.... baines missed one in his career ... he should stay on them... deal with it rom

I agree with you about Rom and pennos, Tel.

Even the ones he scores rarely look convincing :mad:

Re Baines.....I think the record books show two missed penalties.....that one against Stoke earlier in the season came back of the post and went in off the keeper's head. It went down as an own goal :(

Baines is our penalty taker and Rom should not be haggling over it when one is awarded.

That could easily distract the taker.

I agree with you about Rom and pennos, Tel.

Even the ones he scores rarely look convincing :mad:

Re Baines.....I think the record books show two missed penalties.....that one against Stoke earlier in the season came back of the post and went in off the keeper's head. It went down as an own goal :(

Baines is our penalty taker and Rom should not be haggling over it when one is awarded.

That could easily distract the taker.

Ahh I forgot about Stoke... remember the de gea save ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back