Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
so now Rom will sign (WINDMILLS!) and per 90Minutes via FOTMOB, our coach is moving next. Although the media said Barca wanted our last manager as well, so we all know how accurate they can be.

He definitely has captaincy traits. No one can talk about him without talking up his work ethic including Dunc. He also has the cojones to open his mouth and yell at people which we've truly not had with Jags as much as I appreciate him.

But, and it's a big but, I don't think we can appoint someone captain who has so openly talked about his future away from the club. If it were up to me I'd give it to Seamus.

He's very intermittent in his play tbh, and if we were 2-0 down, I would not look to Lukaku as the one to drive the team forwards and motivate an extra 20% out of everyone. Though his goals do often spark a revival.

Ideally I would suggest you want someone who on the pitch has the determination to change a game when its not going well. When its going well a captain is almost superfluous, its the ability to dig in when things are going against you and drag both yourself and those around you up to a better level.... Also the ability to keep calm whilst others are losing their heads and start to influence those around you to start doing the same thing whilst simultaneously throwing in the sort of challenge that gets the fans on side and singing again without risking a red card doing it...

Its a very hard role when things are against you and we have struggled with some poor choices previously, but even if Rom could do all that, he's often so isolated that there are no players around him to drag up to a better level. Captaincy is simply wasted on strikers imo.

He's very intermittent in his play tbh, and if we were 2-0 down, I would not look to Lukaku as the one to drive the team forwards and motivate an extra 20% out of everyone. Though his goals do often spark a revival.

Ideally I would suggest you want someone who on the pitch has the determination to change a game when its not going well. When its going well a captain is almost superfluous, its the ability to dig in when things are going against you and drag both yourself and those around you up to a better level.... Also the ability to keep calm whilst others are losing their heads and start to influence those around you to start doing the same thing whilst simultaneously throwing in the sort of challenge that gets the fans on side and singing again without risking a red card doing it...

Its a very hard role when things are against you and we have struggled with some poor choices previously, but even if Rom could do all that, he's often so isolated that there are no players around him to drag up to a better level. Captaincy is simply wasted on strikers imo.
Fair enough if you feel that way but I also think part of it is who commands respect and engenders belief and I think the way he's taken Lookman as his understudy and the way Lookman talks about him shows this perfectly. But again I hope it's Seamus.

Fair enough if you feel that way but I also think part of it is who commands respect and engenders belief and I think the way he's taken Lookman as his understudy and the way Lookman talks about him shows this perfectly. But again I hope it's Seamus.

He may well make a great club captain, sorting out the kids, doing events etc, just don't see him as the on field captain.

That mean we're getting Zlatan? Get in! Two pyar beasts up top.

Zlatana also said he respected and liked Koeman himself.. but not van gaal.

It's on!

As noted by Orly

I think we missed a trick not signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic over the summer

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/january-transfer-thread-2017.92578/page-666#post-5146189

*points to number on back of shirt as message to the baying mob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back