Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku-age-10.jpg

Rom at age 10-13, according to https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/picture-heres-what-romelu-lukaku-looked-like-at-age-10/380031
Guess which one he is?

Last edited:
Either way Ralioa wins. Pretty sure agents get a good slice of contract signings and from transfers. Lukaku is a bright lad he probably realises a couple more years in blue won't harm his chances of joining a bigger club to much and gets paid mega wonga at the same time as well as been the face of the team

I'm pretty sure the agent won't get anything like the same dough for signing new a deal as he would for being instrumental in a £50/60m transfer to some media darling super club . I accept it's a completely different deal and a world record but didn't raiola get £20m from that transfer ?

Ultimately the player wants to stay and for both him and the agent I'd suggest money is obviously a factor but it can't be overriding because if it was he'd be on his way .

Was just thinking about Rom and him re-signing to play for us for another couple of years. I think it's a combination of him liking the way Everton is going at the moment AND it having been decided to be the best thing for his career. He wants to win league titles and CLs and I expect he will more than once in his career. However, he's only 23, and where would he make the jump to right now? He's best served by improving here, where the pressure isn't as intense as at a Bayern/Madrid, and being in the perfect position to make a massive transfer and be the star striker for one of those teams in two years time.

At the start of the 19/20 season, Lewandowski will be 31, Aguero will be 31, Suarez will be 32, Benzema will be 31, Costa will be 30, Higuain will be 31. The market for top class strikers will be absolutely huge. Rom will be 26 and perfectly placed to slot in at his absolute prime.

Rom is a pivotal part of our team.
Without him we would not be as much of an attacking threat.

Yes he isn't perfect in everything he does but anyone who wants shut or thinks we can get better than him needs a lobotomy in my humble and extremely fat ass opinion.

Excellent, but can you kindly just sign it now Rom? We would be incredibly unlikely to break the 'top 6' without him, strikers with his level of lethal finishing are so rare. Any other position we can continually improve on, him itd be a case of trying to find someone 'as good'.

Can't imagine this will change much in regards to him staying or not (unless it's written into his contract)

Likely a hefty wage bump and a large release clause. Meaning Lukaku gets more money and doesn't have to make public want-away noises and risk the wrath of the fans. All a club need to do is meet the clause and we have to sell.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

I really do hope we get a few more years out of him, who knows, we might improve enough league standing wise for his foreseeable future to remain here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back