Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think I had 3 years of this absolute muppet get a season ticket by me who absolutely slated him for the entire three years. Thankfully he's moved a few rows down after other people started to get on his case for his negativity.

I wonder if Bolasie (and others) are convincing Rom to stay one more year. There's no doubt that in any workplace, if you're surrounded by friends, you enjoy the work a lot more. I still think Bolasie was too expensive but if part of that money was because him and Rom were besties, that may turn out to be a very clever buy.

I wonder if Bolasie (and others) are convincing Rom to stay one more year. There's no doubt that in any workplace, if you're surrounded by friends, you enjoy the work a lot more. I still think Bolasie was too expensive but if part of that money was because him and Rom were besties, that may turn out to be a very clever buy.

People have this impression that Bolasie was a flop, he wasnt, he was our most dangerous attacking player, he was creating chances and making an impact, granted you only said we overpaid and maybe we did, but we wont know till he comes back, from the brief time he was on the pitch he was a little hit and miss, but most wingers are, he was a match winner tho.

People have this impression that Bolasie was a flop, he wasnt, he was our most dangerous attacking player, he was creating chances and making an impact, granted you only said we overpaid and maybe we did, but we wont know till he comes back, from the brief time he was on the pitch he was a little hit and miss, but most wingers are, he was a match winner tho.

I didn't mean to imply that Bolasie has been a flop. He was clearly our best winger and created a good amount of chances. I just think that based on his track record, he shouldn't have cost more than £18 mill or so.

Just seen that on SSN.

Ronnie didn't seem very happy about it though. I'd be doing cartwheels around the studio.

Maybe he's waiting until he signs the dotted line. Encouraging though as you say.

Down side is that there will most likely be a buy out clause in there which means I somebody pays the price and Ron wants to go, there's not a great deal we can do abut it. But realistically, that was always going to be the case anyway, buy out clause or not.

This isn't a downside for me, what it means is that he can't become unsettled and push for a move unless a club meets that price. Everyone knows where they stand, it suits all parties. I've heard it's £80m, an astronomical fee, I'm not sure anyone will pay that this summer.

Funny you post saying that as I literally immediately went to watch Bolasie's clips in an Everton shirt. He gives us something we absolutely haven't had for years upon years. A direct winger who has the skills, pace and power to have an impact, and he can whip a ball in too. Are some of his skills unncessary at times? Perhaps. Is it worth them to get the ability he has? Yes. We overpaid no doubt, but he's still a good player and provides a different option upfront.

I didn't mean to imply that Bolasie has been a flop. He was clearly our best winger and created a good amount of chances. I just think that based on his track record, he shouldn't have cost more than £18 mill or so.
Consider inflation in the market though. Some of the fees banded about are incredible.. £60m for Van Dijk is the apparent rate, makes Bolasie's fee look much more normal really. Mental.

Consider inflation in the market though. Some of the fees banded about are incredible.. £60m for Van Dijk is the apparent rate, makes Bolasie's fee look much more normal really. Mental.

Yeah, possibly. I guess I'm just slow to adjust my valuations based on the new financial realities. Then again, we did get Gana God for £7.5 mill so there's still good value out there. I like that we're incorporating both sides of the spectrum. Everton seem willing to pay big money for select players and will try to fill in the rest of the roster with good value plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back