Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone can see ( apart from the bloke posting above me right ow ;) ) this side is lacking creating, attacking goal scoring threats apart from big Rom that can turn these disappointed draws into wins. For me, it's the only thing at the moment in our squad holding us back from Europe.

Get quality around him !

That's why it's so disappointing to see Gabbadini (sp?) slotting 3 in 2 games for Soton. £14m is looking cheap for the sort of player to be alongside (or as an alternative if needed) to Rom

That's why it's so disappointing to see Gabbadini (sp?) slotting 3 in 2 games for Soton. £14m is looking cheap for the sort of player to be alongside (or as an alternative if needed) to Rom

He would have wanted to play though. Like nearly every game. And he simply wouldn't get that here. That's why it's so hard for us to bring in any half decent other striker type.

He would have wanted to play though. Like nearly every game. And he simply wouldn't get that here. That's why it's so hard for us to bring in any half decent other striker type.

Take that point absolutely but we are too reliant on Rom and when he's not scoring (like yesterday), there isn't much in the way of a scoring alternative. The fact that Coleman is our second top scorer should ring alarm bells

Koeman would have to make a commitment to treating whoever came in fairly. Like a lot of strikers, Lukaku tails off towards the end of the season, and it isn't uncommon for him to go through patches of poor form. The team needs another option.

I'm sure Lukaku wouldn't like it, but the reality is that he isn't going to play 90 minutes of every single game at another club unless he takes a step down.

Take that point absolutely but we are too reliant on Rom and when he's not scoring (like yesterday), there isn't much in the way of a scoring alternative. The fact that Coleman is our second top scorer should ring alarm bells

I agree. But I can see why Valencia is the best we could get. Sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back