Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lukaku will be one of those exceptions to the rule. He takes such good care of himself and has the mindset and willpower to be one of those "centurions" of football that last for 15+ years. Hasn't had a major injury as of yet as well.
Shhhhhhhhhhh!

Personally think he will sign the contract, not particularly worried what the media is saying either... just have a gut feeling we've got him for another year at least.

I know this opinion might be bias due to being a blue, but if you were him, so close to many records etc - would you not want to just smash them here and leave that mark?

He's totally boss is are Lu.

I agree 99.9%. He'll sign his contract and get a big fat pay rise and be OUR player next season.

I think Lukaku will be one of those exceptions to the rule. He takes such good care of himself and has the mindset and willpower to be one of those "centurions" of football that last for 15+ years. Hasn't had a major injury as of yet as well.

Steady on, do you like angering the gods of fate by poking their eyes with a sharp stick. :eek::p

This thread is a total car crash. We should idolise him yet so many just want to find faults. He is still young and as Connor showed, he is the best in the WORLD at his age in Europe and he is at Everton, helping young players, walking Bradley on the pitch, playing with a smile, hugging Koeman and has also toned down the chat about leaving.

I love him and I guarantee if you spoke to any fan in the league, they would take him in a heartbeat for their team.

Car crash.

We are on course to trade Lukaku for Rooney in the Summer.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

MOSHIRI OUT

30f8aba.gif

when you say prime do you base that on just age? Or footballing years?

Now i am not trying to poo poo Lukaku's achievements because they are fantastic, but he made his full first team debut in 2009 as a 16 year old, he has been playing professional football for 8 years!

I believe footballers probably have a shelf life of say 10-14 years of being right at the top before your body starts to wear down and decline.

The average professional footballer will make there debut at 19-20, so with my theory will be burned out by 33-34.

Some players that start younger at 16-17 (Rooney, Owen, Torres, big ronaldo etc) have all looked pretty much done by the time they hit 30 as there footballing body has hit that 13-14 year mark!

Obviously there are exceptions to the rules such as giggs and possibly cristiano ronaldo but if you have a look at it, it seems to be the case.

On the other end of the scale look at players such as Distin & Drogba, they didnt start profesional football until they were 22-23 and carried on much longer than other players as there "footballing clock" started later than other players.

I wouldnt be suprised if Lukaku looked done in by the time he was 30 (which i know is still 7 years away) but the point i think i was trying to make is, in football years, lukaku is probably about 26-27

That's ridiculous.

So before they make the first team they are relaxing on the couch and the body is only affected if they play for the first team.

Lukaku is probably about 26-27???

Reactions: DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back