Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon a big club will come calling for Kane before Lukaku, although to be honest, I don't see either of them reaching the level of an Aguero/Costa/Zlatan.

Diego Costa has 158 career club goals, compared to Lukaku's 136.

Costa probably has the edge as a player at the moment but the fact that there's not much between them whilst Costa is in his prime and Lukaku is 5/6 years younger, says a lot.

In fact, all those you mentioned have been in their prime years and Lukaku hasn't been far off them at all. If he keeps progressing the way he is, he will certainly get to that same level and probably outscore the lot of them.

Costa probably has the edge as a player at the moment but the fact that there's not much between them whilst Costa is in his prime and Lukaku is 5/6 years younger, says a lot.

In fact, all those you mentioned have been in their prime years and Lukaku hasn't been far off them at all. If he keeps progressing the way he is, he will certainly get to that same level and probably outscore the lot of them.
His goal record is excellent, but it's one thing to reliably stick chances away, and another to lead the line in a title-winning side.

I think there is a ceiling on technically limited players.

His goal record is excellent, but it's one thing to reliably stick chances away, and another to lead the line in a title-winning side.

I don't see him as technically limited at all. Certainly no more so than someone like Diego Costa.

I will eat my hat, my gloves, and all of yer ma's, if Lukaku never in his career leads the line in a title winning side.

We also have to consider Lukaku has had pretty poor service in comparison to the other top strikers in the league.

He also always gets a strong assist total too, for someone who doesn't do anything but finish chances. He'll probably go on to get 8 or 9 this season. He has the same number as Costa currently.

Kane has 8 in his entire premier league career.

"its one thing to reliably stick chances away"

Its the only thing for a striker that matters- every thing else is fluff.

Like who?
Phillips, Defoe, Bent and Yakubu are recent examples.

Ferguson got shut of van Nistelrooy because the game changed with Mourinho/Drogba. He later did the same with Hernandez, despite him having the best conversation rate in Premier League history. Similar cases are Fowler and Owen after injuries limited their mobility, and we're seeing the same thing happen to Sturridge now.

I'm sure a big name would take a punt on Lukaku if he ran his contract down, but I'll be shocked if anyone decides to pay the type of fee that Everton are allegedly hoping to write into his new contract.

His touch, passing and vision have definitely improved on when he first came here, has more lapses of quality than many, but is clearly putting in the work and its paying off imo. He's currently quality, but will be a far better player in a few years time.
If he keeps scoring he will be some player. He already is, but could become the Barca quality striker he has always wanted to be

I don't see him as technically limited at all. Certainly no more so than someone like Diego Costa.

I will eat my hat, my gloves, and all of yer ma's, if Lukaku never in his career leads the line in a title winning side.
I think you under estimate the technical ability of Costa. Lukaku is on par with him with regards to finishing, but Costa's control and link up play are second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back