Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're entitled to your opinion, and I agree with some of your post, but I think you and many others go grossly over the top about his overall play. He has come on leaps and bounds in that regard. It's a myth that he offers nothing except for goals. I'll stand by that.

Anyway, you aren't going to change your opinion on Rom as a player so i'll agree to disagree.

I actually will when I see it. I'm not that type of person.

For what it's worth, I'd rather see him sign a new contract than leave this summer. I just won't be overly devastated if he goes, that's all.

So your saying its easy to find a player that scores 20+ goals a season?

God damn it, if only somebody had said at sometime in the last 20 years, we wouldnt have had to put up with The Yak and Rom.

Come on Goat, I know you can read. "Finding and developing talent isn't easy."

Reactions: DRM

You're entitled to your opinion, and I agree with some of your post, but I think you and many others go grossly over the top about his overall play. He has come on leaps and bounds in that regard. It's a myth that he offers nothing except for goals. I'll stand by that.

Anyway, you aren't going to change your opinion on Rom as a player so i'll agree to disagree.

Happens every time we don't play for a couple of weeks and people feel a bit safer to try and stick the boot in.

Fortunately it's still over-exaggerated nonsense built on nothing but agendas, wild exaggeration and empty rhetoric. You're correct, of course, he has been playing all-round very consistently for a good while now. Most of this season in fact.

I wouldn't say it's a myth that he offers nothing bar goals, but I would say it's a slightly exaggerated way of describing his first 18 months to 2 years here. In 2017 it's completely laughable. Obviously it serves a purpose to some to keep dragging that tired old overstatement out again.

You'd have to ask why that new contract hasn't been signed, when his agent stated that it was 99% agreed a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing it must be the buy out clause that is the sticking point.

Why do lids keep trying to convince everyone he's not good enough to play at the highest level? There are loads of average players in the Champions League, this notion he isn't good enough to play in it is ridiculous. Take out Read Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, how many strikers are there in it who that much better than him?

I think he needs paying, when Vardy gets 100k a week, Lallana about to sign a new deal worth over 100k, Rom must be one of one of the most underpaid players in the league. He should be on 150k a week, he'd be on 200k a week at any top club. If we can pay him what he deserves, at least that gives us a chance at keeping him

Why do lids keep trying to convince everyone he's not good enough to play at the highest level? There are loads of average players in the Champions League, this notion he isn't good enough to play in it is ridiculous. Take out Read Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, how many strikers are there in it who that much better than him?

I think he needs paying, when Vardy gets 100k a week, Lallana about to sign a new deal worth over 100k, Rom must be one of one of the most underpaid players in the league. He should be on 150k a week, he'd be on 200k a week at any top club. If we can pay him what he deserves, at least that gives us a chance at keeping him

We have offered him a new contract, no sure how much a week tho. Must be around 130 a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back