Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Perhaps you can enlighten us with who has ben a more crucial signing?

60 goal strikers over 3 and 2/3rds seasons - yeah, mate - "yawn" we sign those all the time dont we?

I agree but then I would argue that Tim Cahill was the most important as he came into a side that had just lost the golden child, had a never say die attitude and propelled us into the top 4.

He was a catalyst for the Moyes rebuild and reinvigoration of the club.

Ok, now the joke response is out the way: come on, which signing was more crucial?

Hahaha I doubt even you could spin a tale that explains how Lukaku was a more important and crucial signing for Everton than Campbell, but please do try. It'll be great fun.

This is meant to be ironic surely?
I think he's trying to say that he scored a few goals when Walter Smith was here dragging the club toward relegation.

Everyone know Jeffers was as influential in keeping us from the drop that season.

Last edited:

I agree but then I would argue that Tim Cahill was the most important as he came into a side that had just lost the golden child, had a never say die attitude and propelled us into the top 4.

He was a catalyst for the Moyes rebuild and reinvigoration of the club.
Him and Arteta were very good signings, but nowhere near the importance of a goalscoring machine.

And his importance will also be felt (unlike the other two) when he's sold - because it'll provide the financial basis for half a new team.

Last edited:
Him and Arteta were very food signings, but nowhere near the importance of a goalscoring machine.

And his importance will also be felt (unlike the other two) when he's sold - because it'll provide the financial basis for half a new team.

Strikers do need feeding :)

I think this summer is crucial. We are not that far off competing for the title.
I think he will be here next season at the very least.

Hahahahahahaha
Erm....second half of the 1998/99 season when we were right in it: Campbell scored 9 goals and Jeffers scored 6.

Hardly Campbell doing it on his own was it?

Your having a laugh. Comparing Campbell's importance to us over Lukaku.

FFS. Barrel being scraped here. Embarrassing.

Erm....second half of the 1998/99 season when we were right in it: Campbell scored 9 goals and Jeffers scored 6.

Hardly Campbell doing it on his own was it?

Your having a laugh. Comparing Campbell's importance to us over Lukaku.

FFS. Barrel being scraped here. Embarrassing.

Nice try, not biting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back