Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember being overly critical of Rom. Questioned his first touch a couple of times but mostly always been certain he's a class striker. No doubt you'll ignore all those posts and pick the one where I've questioned any aspect of his game whatsoever. Seems to be you and your multis favourite activity these days.

If you've been right about Lukaku it's surely only because you can't be wrong about everything.

Although I act silly expect you've probably been very wrong about Lukaku mostly and have only jumped ship recently.

I don't actually give a toss about Roms first touch as long as he somehow puts away some shots.
Its just about the only position other than Keeper where the ends justifies the means.
I don't care how talented a keeper is as long as they somehow keep a clean sheet in most matches, I don't care how talented a striker is as long as they somehow score in most matches. Any other position, then I demand a bit of effort, skill and intelligence.

Rom's doing great in my book.

I don't actually give a toss about Roms first touch as long as he somehow puts away some shots.
Its just about the only position other than Keeper where the ends justifies the means.
I don't care how talented a keeper is as long as they somehow keep a clean sheet in most matches, I don't care how talented a striker is as long as they somehow score in most matches. Any other position, then I demand a bit of effort, skill and intelligence.

Rom's doing great in my book.

The problem is if you have a player in that area of the pitch where the play constantly breaks down due to being dispossessed, you lose your effectiveness as an overall team - even if the player in question has the ability to take the one chance he gets, the opposition aren't being dominated and you'll probably concede two as a result.

That's been my issue with Rom. He's always going to score goals, but as we saw last season if you have a player that bad for 85 minutes of every game, it's going to affect the way you attack as a team overall. This season, he's much more impressive in the team build-up and, for me, that's every bit as important as the goals.

If you've been right about Lukaku it's surely only because you can't be wrong about everything.

Although I act silly expect you've probably been very wrong about Lukaku mostly and have only jumped ship recently.

As usual you're wrong but it's always touching that your obsession with my posting activity knows no bounds. Must be terrible to exist on here without a view of your own only trying to prove others wrong and one day finally earn Davek's approval the same way Mkrudden slobbers over your every post. It's like some sort of Sith Lord chain of sadness. I'll keep posting mate you keep watching.

This has been Rom's breakout season in my honest opinion. He looks better in pretty much every area of his game. He even puts in the effort that he was lacking his first two seasons with us.

Psg might. Zlatan is leaving. Not overly worried but I think they'd be more likely to be interested in rom than bayern

I think PSG might have a problem with young hungry players like Rom. So say he goes there for big money and after a couple of years he realises their league is badly gash. Wants a move but possibly can't get one because PSG don't want to sell him and no matter what people offer for him they reject out of hand because they don't need the money. It would be something to think about when planning his next move

He'd make a mockery out of the French League, he'd ruin every defender there and slot with ease. He deserves a better League than Ligue 1 IMO.

I think PSG might have a problem with young hungry players like Rom. So say he goes there for big money and after a couple of years he realises their league is badly gash. Wants a move but possibly can't get one because PSG don't want to sell him and no matter what people offer for him they reject out of hand because they don't need the money. It would be something to think about when planning his next move
Agreed in that I don't think it'd be a good move for him personally. Just see them as a likely suitor. Think we'll hang on to him for a bit though as I can't see any likely destinations. Only psg, barca, real, bayern, city have the money we'd demand. None of those teams need a striker besides possibly psg. Juve doesn't have the cash.

Screen-Shot-2015-09-19-at-19.33.06.png

UK Cinema Chain Ighalo - Goals

Agreed in that I don't think it'd be a good move for him personally. Just see them as a likely suitor. Think we'll hang on to him for a bit though as I can't see any likely destinations. Only psg, barca, real, bayern, city have the money we'd demand. None of those teams need a striker besides possibly psg. Juve doesn't have the cash.

Every club except Barca & Bayern could be in for Rom, and he would improve their squad.

There'll be inquiries in Jan and bids in June for sure. 40-50m I reckon will be the fee bandied about. With the new TV deal though we just don't need to cash in and can perhaps invest in the wage bill to keep these lads together.

I wonder is it just confidence, self improvement or a change of tactics that has him looking twice the player he was last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back