Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
There'll be inquiries in Jan and bids in June for sure. 40-50m I reckon will be the fee bandied about. With the new TV deal though we just don't need to cash in and can perhaps invest in the wage bill to keep these lads together.

I wonder is it just confidence, self improvement or a change of tactics that has him looking twice the player he was last season?

The players behind him actually doing there job has helped.

There'll be inquiries in Jan and bids in June for sure. 40-50m I reckon will be the fee bandied about. With the new TV deal though we just don't need to cash in and can perhaps invest in the wage bill to keep these lads together.

I wonder is it just confidence, self improvement or a change of tactics that has him looking twice the player he was last season?

I think there are two reasons for the upturn in form this season:

Gerard-Deulofeu-Everton.jpg

4532198.jpg

... but lets face it, he is boss anyway.

And @blue4eva77 Can't forget him
To be fair...

I did recently say that he was proving me wrong of late. He has vastly improved in the areas to which i was concerned about. He has improved his movement (slightly), his touch has certainly improved and ive noticed his attitude is bang on right now. He looks hungry and determined and its great to watch right now. He is excellent at the minute, no question.

Shocking isn't he.
Kurt you can't pick and choose posts from the time a player was actually playing turd. No question he was turd at the time of that post. I'm sure Man Utd fans were saying Ronaldo was nothing but a diving step over 2@, then being reminded of that when he hit his 40th goal of the season a couple of years later. At the time of that post, he was very turd and completely disinterested and it was painful to watch.

However, he really has changed his game around and its beautiful to watch. Long may it continue.

Can see Utd being after him in the summer to replace Rooney. Just gotta hope with the new TV deal we offer silly wages to our 3-4 best players to try keep them.

Although if he was to leave I would much rather see him go abroad. Think him and Stones will both go next summer sadly.

Kurt you can't pick and choose posts from the time a player was actually playing turd. No question he was turd at the time of that post. I'm sure Man Utd fans were saying Ronaldo was nothing but a diving step over 2@, then being reminded of that when he hit his 40th goal of the season a couple of years later. At the time of that post, he was very turd and completely disinterested and it was painful to watch.

However, he really has changed his game around and its beautiful to watch. Long may it continue.
I appreciate your explanation my friend but, an apology to the forum users and an admittance you were very very wrong would suffice.

Thanks Mate xx

I always said previously it was about using the right tactics for his play but above all give him the service. This was lacking last season.

He is about as bang average as bang average could be.

Getting tired of the word potential when regarding Lukaku now. He has had the potential tag now for about 5 years. Its boring the arse off me.

When is he actually going to take the game by the scruff of the neck and show what he can do. Once in a full moon player isn't good enough for me.

Decent 2nd half there, brilliant.

See you in 5 games mate

Great timing to be fair. He'll disappear for a few games now though. That's my gripe with him. 1 good game every full moon. Ironically it is that time of the month.

Some of our fans are too quick to write off certain players. In my opinion, Lukaku's performances for the majority of this season have been unacceptable. I rate the lad a lot but he's been lazy, sulked a lot, not put himself about, and in the Swansea game, his main strength of scoring let him down. Having said all of that, we all know how important he can be when he is on his game.

He's got a lot of work to do, but his goals are vital.

I think Martinez needs to have a word in his ear and make it clear that he needs to put in more effort in general.

His contribution last night was excellent though in terms of being the match winner so can't complain after seeing that.

Just an average player for me at this stage of his career. You can show all the stats you like but i judge a player on what i see week in and week out. He is extremely frustrating to watch and very inconsistent. He just had three and a half dreadful games on the bounce before deciding that he wants to play a bit. You can see there is some ability there but he absolutely does not do it often enough, not at all. Whether its a mental thing ive no idea but because of the extreme inconsistency, he is average.

The truth will hurt the fanboys but its there for all to see each week. At this stage, average.

People have a right to slate him. He is either very decent (rare) or very ineffective (quite often). There is no in between and so that's the gripe many people have. I think the criticism he gets is justified because of this very reason. He can't control a bag of cement, doesn't move and looks disinterested for games at a time and then produces a touch of class out of no where. Its unrealistic to believe he can produce the class every minute of every game but it should be addressed as to why its so infrequent with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was drug tested after the game last night as his 1st and 2nd half displays were night and day.

Its all very strange.

What has that got to do with him being average ? Have you seen the utter state of the strikers we've had since the 80's ? We had a manager in Moyes who was here 10 years and loved to destroy a striker with his tactics. Before him we had the 90's and i'd rather not even go there to be honest. But why since the 80's though ? Not sure im getting your point.

He is average. The evidence is there for all to see.

What it comes down to is that most are OK with him turning up once in a blue moon to put in a half decent performance. Probably the same people that Naismith blagged recently with his Hat-trick. Riding on the crest of the wave of emotion from the last thing he did.

I'm not expecting him to be spectacular every week, that's unrealistic. Is it unrealistic of me to expect a player to at least do the basics each week though? I dont.

Keeping throwing his age in the mix though. But he's 28 though, still learning, movement will come, be patient.

The thing is, I still think he looks very clumsy on the ball and his hold-up play hasn't come on as much as people are suggesting. It has just ceased to matter as much now that the service has improved so drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back