Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
How sure are we of the validity of all this?. Personally I've never heard of PlaySport but that doesn't mean much as I take no interest in Belgium sport. Are they a website?, a TV station? radio station? When did he give this interview?

There's two things that don't make sense to me either. Rom has been asked numerous times recently about his contract and has been very diplomatic saying "he leaves all that to his agents and is just concentrating on playing" sort of stuff. Why change tact now?. Secondly, he normally leaves this sort of thing until the International break. Again, why change tact now?.

Something not right about the whole business in my opinion. But then again, why hasn't he signed the new contract that was supposedly so close.?

Playsport is a TV channel but they've not reported this on their website or Twitter page. The Journo that first tweeted it has about 400 followers.
The reporter who retweeted it is more well known but all second hand stuff with no actual recording of it so all a bit speculative. Who knows what context he gave the answers - if he did at all!

I am sure we get some news, perhaps a 'leak' from Everton soon enough on this. Look for it to be an Echo elcusive, perhaps.

Doogan won't like these comments coming out and being made a scene of, especially with Koeman being consistently questioned on it.

He'll be under orders to control it.

Koeman has stated that it will be after this next transfer window that we will have the team and squad to mix it fully with those above us.

Losing Rom and Ross would not tally with that.

As a team we are very close to matching those sides as our youngsters of 3 or 4 seasons ago become stars.

There is always the threat of bids coming in for players but I am sure they can see what is happening now at Everton.

I am certainly not as worried as I would be if Moshiri was not here and Kenwright was still in full control.

Moshiri met Raiola and laid out his plans and vision for Everton which would have included targets this summer but far more importantly his investment plans for the next few years.

Raiola was sufficiently impressed to recommend to his client Lukaku he should negotiate a new contract which he has done so. - 10 Aug 2016

He's not going and he'll sign the contract he's had in front of him for weeks at the end of the window. - 19 Aug 2016
Panic over everyone.

Last summer was a time of innocence. Wish it had never ended. :-)
Hopefully Lu's comments, if he did make them, are just a negotiation tactic. If not, we know what will form the basis of this summers transfer budget. :-(

We're Everton, if anyone can mess up a 99.9999% done deal it is us.

But don't think there is much more reason to be concerned/hopeful than there was 48hours ago, there are still the same pros and cons from Rom's perspective to signing a new contract and don't think any of them have changed, just have to wait and see.

Playsport is a TV channel but they've not reported this on their website or Twitter page. The Journo that first tweeted it has about 400 followers.
The reporter who retweeted it is more well known but all second hand stuff with no actual recording of it so all a bit speculative. Who knows what context he gave the answers - if he did at all!
Looks to me like somebody with a microphone in his face when he's leaving the ground. Did you...No!. Have you...No! Will you...No!.

Wouldn't surprise me if he just said anything to get him out of his face. Doesn't look like the sort of questions/responses you'd get in a proper interview.

Fingers crossed it's all just nonsense. But FGS just sign it Rom and end all this speculation Please.

It is worrying that he hasn't signed a new contract. As they say there is no smoke without fire. His agent is 99% certain it will be signed, so why hasn't it? Sorry to be pessimistic on this, but it doesn't sound good to me. I'm hoping that the only potential hold up is him wanting guarantees we will have European football next year before he commits.

Surprised its took this long for a story saying he leaving etc with him taking so long to sign,if indeed he is-i think he will myself,but messing around brings this rubbish out,expected it to be within a day or 2 about these type of storys,

When did they broadcast that interview? I have Playsports. I watched the game on there. I didn't see it; I watched it until 20.00 AM, then I went out.

I just want to see it again; I can't find it on the videozone.

Looks to me like somebody with a microphone in his face when he's leaving the ground. Did you...No!. Have you...No! Will you...No!.

Wouldn't surprise me if he just said anything to get him out of his face. Doesn't look like the sort of questions/responses you'd get in a proper interview.

Fingers crossed it's all just nonsense. But FGS just sign it Rom and end all this speculation Please.

That's what I reckon happened. Also, surely if Lukaku doesn't sign, Raiola has shot himself in the foot with the '99.9% done' comments? I'm not suggesting Raiola has much integrity but he is still trying to earn himself the most money and do the best he can in his job. Openly lying about a client to his club and the watching world wouldn't really do him any favours given that he had no need to come out and say the 99.9% done thing, if it wasn't true.

How sure are we of the validity of all this?. Personally I've never heard of PlaySport but that doesn't mean much as I take no interest in Belgium sport. Are they a website?, a TV station? radio station? When did he give this interview?

There's two things that don't make sense to me either. Rom has been asked numerous times recently about his contract and has been very diplomatic saying "he leaves all that to his agents and is just concentrating on playing" sort of stuff. Why change tact now?. Secondly, he normally leaves this sort of thing until the International break. Again, why change tact now?.

Something not right about the whole business in my opinion. But then again, why hasn't he signed the new contract that was supposedly so close.?
Playsports is the biggest sportschannel in Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back