Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Sort of. Ish.

But that's just his opinion above, nothing else.

I have no idea what's going on. Raiola may be trying to get a bigger fee for his client by pretending he's ready to stay at Everton if need be. That's my best guess anyway.

It's a shame for Rom because he needs another year or two here to work out his flaws, because if a top club does gamble on him, he could be exposed cruelly as a very raw player technically. It'll be like when Gravesen went to Madrid - good player but his game didn't suit that level or style.

A couple of years ago maybe. He's proven beyond doubt now he can handle making the step up for me. He's now doing everything I remember people slating him for not being able to do previously when they said he wasn't good enough, to the point you could get the posts out of the vaults and point to example after example from the season so far to illustrate how much he's come on.

A manager would have to pretty much deliberately target the weaker areas of his game for him to be "exposed" at this point. Even then I think he'd still do ok. I'm positive he'd be gone already if we weren't in the position to turn down insane amounts of money.

Reactions: JLW
No chance. He'll sign a new deal but with a release clause you don't need to flush out interest for one of the world's top strikers mate. Your top clubs will know he only has 2 years left on his deal it's a multi million pound industry not Sunday league football.

Assuming you're right, what do you think is the reason for the delay in signing it then?

His agent has said it's 99.9% done for months. Can't Lukaku find a pen? I see no reason why he hasn't signed it if he has agreed the terms of the deal in principle.

To me there's no reason why an agent would come out and say in public his player is about to sign a deal, if they really wanted to, unless it was imminent.

Even if I agreed with your positivity over the contract I still see no valid reason why his agent is acting how he is. Unlike you, I don't trust what most agents say. Talk is cheap.

Hopefully we can get a huge fee as even if he does sign I doubt he'll be here next season. Who do Everton get in, who is attainable, to replace him though, his contribution to the team at the moment is absolutely huge.

here are some 'fun' pens for him to sign with, should sort it

s-l1000.jpg

Assuming you're right, what do you think is the reason for the delay in signing it then?

His agent has said it's 99.9% done for months. Can't Lukaku find a pen? I see no reason why he hasn't signed it if he has agreed the terms of the deal in principle.

To me there's no reason why an agent would come out and say in public his player is about to sign a deal, if they really wanted to, unless it was imminent.

Even if I agreed with your positivity over the contract I still see no valid reason why his agent is acting how he is. Unlike you, I don't trust what most agents say. Talk is cheap.

Haven't a clue mate, my own theory is that its haggling over a potential release clause and the amount that clause will be/who and when it can be activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back