Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

@chicoazul - Boxing Day last year:

He isn't too good with his back to goal and that's unfortunately how we use him.

If we want to see him at his best then he was to be facing the opposition goal. Playing someone up top with him would help, but that would then detract from Martinez's preferred formation. It certainly doesn't help having teams defend so deep against us labouring around with three attacking midfielders behind him and no space.

Look at a lot of early goals, from crosses and nearly always front post. When did you last see us stretch a team and put it in low from wide?

I'd either rest him and use him from the bench or (and this shows my desperation) play him up front in a two with Kone, who is more adept at holding the ball up, so Lukaku can play off him.

... and that's my thought as well.

We're seeing the best from Lukaku as we're now set up as the above.

Last year, when we were playing him like a jarg Heskey, the question was asked whether £28m was a mistake. And playing him like we were, yes it was, as he was terrible. Thankfully, we're now attacking with him as a focal point instead of a tactical afterthought.

If we went back to Mirallas and Naismith out wide, you'd see poor performances time and again from Lukaku once again, as more onus would be on him as a target man tasked to hold up play, and he is useless at that role.

Image%202015-03-15%20at%206.44.21%20pm.png

Image%202015-03-15%20at%206.44.21%20pm.png

Image%202015-03-15%20at%206.44.06%20pm.png

@Tubey @Tubey @Tubey

@chicoazul - Boxing Day last year:

... and that's my thought as well.

We're seeing the best from Lukaku as we're now set up as the above.

Last year, when we were playing him like a jarg Heskey, the question was asked whether £28m was a mistake. And playing him like we were, yes it was, as he was terrible. Thankfully, we're now attacking with him as a focal point instead of a tactical afterthought.

If we went back to Mirallas and Naismith out wide, you'd see poor performances time and again from Lukaku once again, as more onus would be on him as a target man tasked to hold up play, and he is useless at that role.
I'd like you to note the exact bit where I didn't write him off or mock the amount we spent on him.

That's the level of posing I want you to aspire to man.

Tbh I sed somethung pretty awful things about lukaku at some point. Is whole forum is basically bunch of people waiting desperately for the next fix/everton match. Bunch of everton smack heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back