Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness the only good thing I can say is I don't feel that Rom is doing this for money.

Is he going to get more than we offered at PSG or Juve? Probably not.

He's doing it because he wants Champions League football. He's good enough and we are a way off. Sadly.

I do hope he goes abroad though. Be arsed seeing Funes Mori try and mark him next season.

Will cry if Funes Mori is still our centre half next season

Not surprised he's not signing a new deal and if it's because we won't insert a low release clause then we're actually doing something right for a change. If and when he leaves he does so on our terms!
What I do find odd is the timing of all this. Teams on a good run, form is good and the winter window closed a month ago so this achieves nothing but bringing unwanted attention and possibly derailing our push for top 6

Lukaku's a terrific player and I'd hate to see him go (and I wouldn't be surprised if he stays). But we can get a fortune for him. Spend it wisely and we can progress. This happens to every club, bar Real Madrid and Barcelona, and it even happened to Barcelona until a relatively short time ago. We need to spend the money wisely and make sure there are fewer clubs above us in the food chain as a result. It's also worth remembering that, as good as he is, there are six teams higher than us in the league, none of whom have him. They seem to be managing alright.

In all seriousness the only good thing I can say is I don't feel that Rom is doing this for money.

Is he going to get more than we offered at PSG or Juve? Probably not.

He's doing it because he wants Champions League football. He's good enough and we are a way off. Sadly.

I do hope he goes abroad though. Be arsed seeing Funes Mori try and mark him next season.
Is he honestly getting in the team at Juve? Over Higuain and Dybala? To me it is only PSG and the way Emery tries to press will make it tough for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back