Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I'm not surprised but I won't be alone in thinking that. My logic (although somebody said I/we didn't understand how contracts worked) is that he is losing lots of money on a week by week basis. The longer that situation lasts the more unlikely he is to sign.

I understand the stumbling point is the release clause, so it might be resolved.

I suspect Lukaku knows how much another club are prepared to pay. We can play hard ball to a certain extent but his contract will be at that stage where if somebody meets our evaluation (£80m) then he'll be off.
It's a long conversation but his pay rise
Would most likely be backdated and almost cenrtianly include a massive signing on fee it suits both parties we could Pay him almost all of his next 2 years pay rise then pay him a lower basic next 2'finanicial years all due to Stcc.

Although it all looks to be fruitless

Stones funded the summer

Lukaku the next

Barkley the next

.....not sure this is the case. Every player has a valuation. I understand the stumbling point with Lukaku is the release clause. Lukaku wants £60m, Everton want £80m. If we don't think the deal is right for the club then we shouldn't be held to ransom.

Everyone acting like he's a kind of Judas. He's given us 4 seasons and we've finished 5th,11th, 11th, and most likely 7th. No silverware or finals in that time, all the while he's been one of the best strikers in the league. When he originally signed on a permanent basis we all knew he'd leave if we didn't get CL

Didn't expect him to stay after this season, no matter what guff Raiola was talking. Modern football is crap, this happens to every team bar Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich though.

I don't even want to begin despairing over what we bring in to replace them.

Rooonay, Rooonay, FFS...

So to sum up:
- Lukaku wants off in the summer
- Agent opens talks with club and demands massive pay rise and a guarantee of a release clause for the summer move
- Everton tell them to swivel because they refuse to throw unnecessary money down the drain to pacify a player for 12 weeks

And this is the clubs fault for refusing to give the agent a figure that he can parade around Europe lollollollol

Lads, join reality. The so called "contract" was not a guarantee that Lukaku was staying, it was giving him more power to force a move. I applaud the club for wanting £90m put in that contract, the power is then with us

Doubt Lacazette would come mert. As much as I'd love him to, it'd be a very sideways step. One EL club to another.

Though then again scored an absolute cracker against Roma the other week yet didn't even celebrate - the Mosh might have given him a ring?

One of Gameiro, Mandzukic or the boy Chicharito for me.
Moving from aLigue 1 Europa League club to Premier League Europa League club should be able to he convinced is a step up

Thats why I put £20m+ (anything above really) didn't Utd pay a large sum for Martial and hes only 21

They did mate, they overpaid really. I like Martial but you'd say it was reasonable when you look at goal returns that Lukaku would be worth twice as much.

Martial and Rashford plus cash might appeal though!

It's a long conversation but his pay rise
Would most likely be backdated and almost cenrtianly include a massive signing on fee it suits both parties we could Pay him almost all of his next 2 years pay rise then pay him a lower basic next 2'finanicial years all due to Stcc.

Although it all looks to be fruitless

...you could be right but that backpay alone would be significant, never mind a signing fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back