Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
...you could be right but that backpay alone would be significant, never mind a signing fee.
I'm basing it on what I read about Thierry henry signing new deals with arsenal a few years running before finally leaving for Barca.
I can't recall the full details but each time he got a signing on fee one of which was £5 million. That suits us with Stcc &
Not having spent the stones money we could pay him £100k a week extra all in one go to get it through this financial year.
The problem is he is going to leave so no point I applaud him been a fanatastic player for us a true gentleman & im just glad we had him for as long a we did, don't get me wrong he has faults But he deserves better than we're we are at currently

The club have handled the situation well as far as I see it. If it is an issue with a buy out clause, we shouldn't budge. We rejected 60m last Summer, Lukaku has two years remaining on his contract.

Koeman and Walsh would have had a plan for this situation as soon as they were hired. Walsh will be all over this. Gueye was ready to go as a Kante replacement. We have the money, and we have the people who know how to spend it wisely.

It would hurt far, far more if the refusal came from one of Barkley, Davies, Holgate. It's how you react to these situations that will tell where the club are going.

Lukaku will become just another statistic to us. Barkley, Davies, Holgate could mean so much more.

So to sum up:
- Lukaku wants off in the summer
- Agent opens talks with club and demands massive pay rise and a guarantee of a release clause for the summer move
- Everton tell them to swivel because they refuse to throw unnecessary money down the drain to pacify a player for 12 weeks

And this is the clubs fault for refusing to give the agent a figure that he can parade around Europe lollollollol

Lads, join reality. The so called "contract" was not a guarantee that Lukaku was staying, it was giving him more power to force a move. I applaud the club for wanting £90m put in that contract, the power is then with us

Spot on.

And if he does indeed leave now, when we where on the cusp of challenging next season I will remember him for nothing more than his shameful semi final performance v Man U when it was his fault that we failed to win the cup.

I hope we start DCL on Saturday.
Bench him.

We've had a chance to keep him and failed miserably, 11th, 11th and this season will most likely be 7th. 3 seasons to get where Romelu and Everton want to be, its not happened and he has been honest all along saying he wants Champions League football soon.

We can't give him that and he now wants it now not in a few years.

My favourite player and would love it if he stayed but doubt it'll happen. If we finish top 4 this season then theres a chance but thats me dreaming.

11 in 31 last season is a good return for a then 20yr old obviously he hasn't kicked on under the management of the prat this season

It's not bad mate you're right but he's a long way behind a lad like Lukaku who will get 25 + for a team like us. I think a fair valuation is about half of Lukaku.

How do we have the power

He sits it out for 18 months and we risk losing him for nothing

If he doesn't go in the summer his price will drop every transfer window that gets closer to his contract ending

Because he wants an extra £60k pay for signing a contract. He was always going in the summer, why should we pay for the pleasure of allowing suitors to know his price.

Anybody who genuinely thought he'd be playing with us next year has been drinking Esk's cool-aid. He's been sexting UCL teams for months.

The only reason he was signing the new contract was to formalise an exit strategy in the summer. Now that Everton are quoting a buy out clause of 90m he's telling them to get stuffed.

Im amazed that its 2017 and people still expect players to love clubs like the fans do and get distressed, angry and even abusive towards players when the want a move.

Especially in a year where Witsel turned down Juve to play in China and Costa was involved in a training ground fight because he was denied a move to China.

Players move, people need to get used to it. Lukaku is a Chelsea fan who has done a very good job playing for us but wants to play at the highest level. I am gutted he may be leaving but Im not angry at him or the club - its just the way football works now.

Good post mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back