Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone acting like he's a kind of Judas. He's given us 4 seasons and we've finished 5th,11th, 11th, and most likely 7th. No silverware or finals in that time, all the while he's been one of the best strikers in the league. When he originally signed on a permanent basis we all knew he'd leave if we didn't get CL

I remember super Rom playing a blinder in the Semi final against Utd, He sure looked like one of the best in the league that day

Everyone acting like he's a kind of Judas. He's given us 4 seasons and we've finished 5th,11th, 11th, and most likely 7th. No silverware or finals in that time, all the while he's been one of the best strikers in the league. When he originally signed on a permanent basis we all knew he'd leave if we didn't get CL

That reminds me, he cost us the semi last year,

he's not only a judas but he's crap as well.

Unfortunately this is correct. However, what's all the more demoralizing is that we are on the path needed to get to the CL - everything is moving in the right direction - would be great to be able to convince Rom for one more year, given the steps we've made this year.

I'm still in shock that we got this long out of him tbh.

He's given me some happy days, is our top premier league goalscorer, and we can all stop worrying about it and start stressing over how much we can get for him.

Moshiri really, really needs to put up this Summer, if Rom goes.
He will. He'll put up Rom's £75m fee as our summer transfer budget. :(
I really hope there'll be more to the budget than Rom's fee but after 2 full transfer windows, with net player investment that fell way below expectations, it's hard to imagine anything different.
At least we still have Oumar. If it wasn't for him this would be every day for me :pint2:.

Im amazed that its 2017 and people still expect players to love clubs like the fans do and get distressed, angry and even abusive towards players when the want a move.

Especially in a year where Witsel turned down Juve to play in China and Costa was involved in a training ground fight because he was denied a move to China.

Players move, people need to get used to it. Lukaku is a Chelsea fan who has done a very good job playing for us but wants to play at the highest level. I am gutted he may be leaving but Im not angry at him or the club - its just the way football works now.

They did mate, they overpaid really. I like Martial but you'd say it was reasonable when you look at goal returns that Lukaku would be worth twice as much.

Martial and Rashford plus cash might appeal though!
11 in 31 last season is a good return for a then 20yr old obviously he hasn't kicked on under the management of the prat this season

So to sum up:
- Lukaku wants off in the summer
- Agent opens talks with club and demands massive pay rise and a guarantee of a release clause for the summer move
- Everton tell them to swivel because they refuse to throw unnecessary money down the drain to pacify a player for 12 weeks

And this is the clubs fault for refusing to give the agent a figure that he can parade around Europe lollollollol

Lads, join reality. The so called "contract" was not a guarantee that Lukaku was staying, it was giving him more power to force a move. I applaud the club for wanting £90m put in that contract, the power is then with us

How do we have the power

He sits it out for 18 months and we risk losing him for nothing

If he doesn't go in the summer his price will drop every transfer window that gets closer to his contract ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back