Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, if Lukaku signs a contract it means the clause is one a club who he fancies going to, have already said they'd pay this summer. So in essence signing a contract means he'll be leaving.

Said it before....take the contract away, and sell him in the summer for what we want. Or he stays another season.

We're playing with the big boys now. We need to act like 1 ourselves.
I agree with you but I don't think that there will be enough teams to create a bidding war so if we can agree an acceptable price maybe it would be good to do it that way. If we wait another year he could get us into the Top 4 or we could get to next summer and lose a lot of money while being no further along

For me, if Lukaku signs a contract it means the clause is one a club who he fancies going to, have already said they'd pay this summer. So in essence signing a contract means he'll be leaving.

Said it before....take the contract away, and sell him in the summer for what we want. Or he stays another season.

We're playing with the big boys now. We need to act like 1 ourselves.
Exactly what I thought. New Contract would basically be OK'd by all three parties (EFC/Rom& his agent/future club)

Last edited:
Not sure mate.

Looks like every media outlet was told and released at the same time.

Thought it was interesting since may people on the forum blame him for the timing of bringing out the news. But if he didn't leak it you can't blame him for it. If anything he's giving the club a heads up way in advance of the summer transfer window.

Exactly what I thought. New Contract would basically be OK'd by all three parties (EFC/Rom& his agent/future club)
That's my fear as well and why I think Everton cannot agree to a release clause of less than £75m and one that only becomes active in July 2018.

That is his going rate now and if Rom does not find these terms acceptable then he clearly isn't even willing to commit beyond the next 4 months to Everton.

Gutted as I am, the only option I see now is to sell him in the summer at the highest value he is ever going to attain for us. To make this work, Moshiri needs to spend big on his 2/3 replacements before the world knows how much we got for Rom.

As a sidenote some of you have massive mental separation issues. You need to work on that or Restraining Orders are heading your way.

You know about my separation issues how?

Rom is the biggest Judas since the last one. Welcome home, Wayne.

Truthfully, I'm NEA. No player is bigger than the club.

His goals will be a loss, sure. His titty lip and his old fella and him blabbing to the Belgian press about how he should be at a big club every international will not be, however. Nice he's moving on now that he's learned to trap a ball properly- at least we can say we've developed him.

Don't underestimate the importance of the Europa league to us in attracting new strikers. We can also offer them loads of game time in the richest league in the world so all is not lost yet fellow blues.

It feels pretty bad now though...

Wouldn't surprise me if the fat agent is the issue. Remember him slowing the pogba deal as neither side wanted to pay his commission, even if the clause was agreed at 60-70 million, if have thought the club would want to be strong about receiving pretty much all of it.

Don't underestimate the importance of the Europa league to us in attracting new strikers. We can also offer them loads of game time in the richest league in the world so all is not lost yet fellow blues.

It feels pretty bad now though...
+stadium project that will surely make us very tempting option

Not bothered 10 games to go to finish as high as we can, if he plays well and gets us higher in the league great, if idiots boo him and he goes off and we don't get Europe then those idiots only have themselves to blame. If he's going, wait for summer, get what he's worth and carry on transfers are a fact of football, don't really know why people are surprised

That's my fear as well and why I think Everton cannot agree to a release clause of less than £75m and one that only becomes active in July 2018.

That is his going rate now and if Rom does not find these terms acceptable then he clearly isn't even willing to commit beyond the next 4 months to Everton.

Gutted as I am, the only option I see now is to sell him in the summer at the highest value he is ever going to attain for us. To make this work, Moshiri needs to spend big on his 2/3 replacements before the world knows how much we got for Rom.
Dream on mate. That would spending spending before selling.

Spurs do most business like this. Bring in The players. Then sell. It makes sense if u have someone who can bridge the gap as we are supposed to have now. Was very suprised we didnt have a real go at bringing in a quality forward last 2 windows. It was always going to bite us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back