Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can jog on for me. His agent tried to pressure the club and was found out. I honestly will think more of Moshiri if he withdraws the contract offer and announce publically he is for sale at the end of the season
Koeman knew this all along with quotes like `he will sign but will leave anyway`. Koeman knows his agent is a snake and tried to play the club
I hope we crack on with the new stadium and `Lusnakus` replacement asap!

Lads.. remember.. to players it's just a job..... if an employee gets a better offer at another company to do the same thing for more money are ou telling me he's going to turn that offer down ? Lukaku has been an employee at Everton the past few seasons, turned up, done his job, earned his wage and gone home. It is that simple.

What for me is a redeeming factor for Lukaku, is that he wants to get the best out of his career and qualities in regards to trophees and honour. He's not that interested in money but he is interested in football history and trying to leave his mark there. I know we have a lot of history, but uit has been quite a while now.
If Moshiri and Kenwright can somehow show him that he can achieve that here in the next few years (not in 5 years time), he'll stay.

He didnt fail at chelsea at all, he played 8 games at 19!!!

Depends how you view it mate, the bigger the club - then basically the smaller the window you have to impress, which is just the way it is.

He returned from the West Brom loan, and during the pre season etc didn't convince he was ready to play for them, so loaned out to a better team, repeated his scoring rate and started pretty much every week for a team that finished 5th - in large part due to him.

Returned to Chelsea - and yet again during the pre season he failed to convince the coaches he was ready, during that time i think chelsea bought Eto'o in and brought back a washed up Drogba rather than play Lukaku.

Mitigating circumstances ofc, but he did fail at Chelsea and given his frequent comments about wanting to be the clear number 1 at any team he went to then it shows that fighting for his place isn't something he relishes.

You go 5-7 games without scoring at a team like Chelsea, Bayern, Barca etc then you better be contributing hugely in your general all round play or your gonna be dropped fast, Lukaku is a pure out and out goalscorer first and foremost, at us - when he has had poor runs of games without scoring then we just keep playing him through it as we have absolutely no option but to do so, he repeats that after he moves then they will drop the player.

Only twice has he ever faced competition for his place - at Chelsea and he lost out to a ageing Eto'o and Drogba
at Belgium when he ended up being dropped for Origi during the tournament and where he has failed to get close to looking top class

What for me is a redeeming factor for Lukaku, is that he wants to get the best out of his career and qualities in regards to trophees and honour. He's not that interested in money but he is interested in football history and trying to leave his mark there. I know we have a lot of history, but uit has been quite a while now.
If Moshiri and Kenwright can somehow show him that he can achieve that here in the next few years (not in 5 years time), he'll stay.

Was linked with wanting to go to Chelsea last season - when they are not in the CL this one
Is heavily linked with United - when they arent either and dont look like being in it next season as well

He bangs on at every opportunity about wanting to play CL as his sole aim - lets see if when he does go if he's talking to clubs who aren't going to be in it the season he arrives.

The Pogba fee surely sets the precedent for any fee should he leave this summer

Looking at 80m+ all day long I reckon.

He's going to get 25 goals this season by the end of it, so will definitely command a rather substantial fee.

Depends how you view it mate, the bigger the club - then basically the smaller the window you have to impress, which is just the way it is.

He returned from the West Brom loan, and during the pre season etc didn't convince he was ready to play for them, so loaned out to a better team, repeated his scoring rate and started pretty much every week for a team that finished 5th - in large part due to him.

Returned to Chelsea - and yet again during the pre season he failed to convince the coaches he was ready, during that time i think chelsea bought Eto'o in and brought back a washed up Drogba rather than play Lukaku.

Mitigating circumstances ofc, but he did fail at Chelsea and given his frequent comments about wanting to be the clear number 1 at any team he went to then it shows that fighting for his place isn't something he relishes.

You go 5-7 games without scoring at a team like Chelsea, Bayern, Barca etc then you better be contributing hugely in your general all round play or your gonna be dropped fast, Lukaku is a pure out and out goalscorer first and foremost, at us - when he has had poor runs of games without scoring then we just keep playing him through it as we have absolutely no option but to do so, he repeats that after he moves then they will drop the player.

Only twice has he ever faced competition for his place - at Chelsea and he lost out to a ageing Eto'o and Drogba
at Belgium when he ended up being dropped for Origi during the tournament and where he has failed to get close to looking top class
I think if he's wise he'll choose a club willing to play 2 up top. Could see him going to PSG. He'd do well with someone like Cavani alongside him, and the French league is inferior to this one so he should plunder a lot of goals and get plenty of CL football.

The Pogba fee surely sets the precedent for any fee should he leave this summer

Looking at 80m+ all day long I reckon.

He's going to get 25 goals this season by the end of it, so will definitely command a rather substantial fee.
Pogba is better than Rom though to be fair.

Lukaku is nailed on 20 goals a season mate for any side.

Pogba is hardly setting anybody's world on fire.

Similar age etc, that's how it will be judged.
Pogba had Serie A winners medals and had played in the CL and been an integral part of his national team.

I thought that as well but Romgate is making me ponder whether higher wages and higher profiles in the here and now is all a player really cares about.

For sure.

I cannot see any player joining us this summer based on the fact we might be playing in a super duper new stadium at some time in the future.....in all likliehood after he has played at least five years for us.

If at all :(

No sir.....unless the stadium was almost built and starting to dominate the Liverpool skyline, I cannot see BMD featuring in any sales pitch to current big name players.

Even though his comments when he signed indicated he say playing in the Royal Blue as a stepping stone I suppose we all hoped the take over and Project Everton could change his mind.

Wish him all the luck in the world wherever he ends up but hope he comes out and asks to leave rather than doing underhand agent stuff to get his move.

Thanks for the goals Rom, keep firing until the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back