Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh o_O What do you mean Joe?

Aye wouldn't mind hearing this myself

Especially the part of how Redmentv made so much money out of blues when until about 2 weeks ago, toffee TV was not charging anyone for content, and for anyone who knows anything about the way youtube works can easily see how the subscription numbers they have, viewcounts etc would barely cover the costs they incur keeping the channel running and providing the content.

I believe he means ToffeeTV is owned by the same network (Ball Street) as the Redman TV in which they play a massive role producing stuff and getting stuff organised.

Ball street doesn't own any of the fan channels though mate, it's just an umbrella corp ran by bringing them together and giving a platform to provide shared content and increase the potential subscribers for each of the individual fan channels they have signed up to work together.

Given that Arsenal TV are also working with Ball street, then given the realtive sizes of them compared to redmen, it would be more apt to make the suggestion that Arsenalfantv own Toffeetv really.

Ball street doesn't own any of the fan channels though mate, it's just an umbrella corp ran by bringing them together and giving a platform to provide shared content and increase the potential subscribers for each of the individual fan channels they have signed up to work together.

Given that Arsenal TV are also working with Ball street, then given the realtive sizes of them compared to redmen, it would be more apt to make the suggestion that Arsenalfantv own Toffeetv really.

Ah, I see. That's what I thought he was getting at.

Don't see the problem.

Actively speaks out about the biased media.

Tries to spread positivity.

A LOT more than anyone else on here does for the club.

Dont disagree with what he does mate, its how he is as a person. I quite like Baz but it seems with PED its proper gone to his head and he has an ego for some unknown reason.

Ah, I see. That's what I thought he was getting at.

I thought the same myself - basically the history of Ball Street is an interesting one, I'd like to hope that it's the future of fan media, as some of the stuff they produce is a million miles better than anything you will find on any of the big corporation ran 'fan media channels'

think some people just see anytime a blue appears alongside a red as wrong though - which is parochial thinking in the extreme, as for the toffee tv lads, not got an opinion really on what i think about them, the best content by far they produce is when they are on a multi club talk (on ball street) the stuff they produce of their own bat tends to be a bit meh IMO (plus PED can be an utter arse when he's fronting a show himself rather than being the wise-cracker on Social club for example)

Dont disagree with what he does mate, its how he is as a person. I quite like Baz but it seems with PED its proper gone to his head and he has an ego for some unknown reason.
I'll stand up for Ped, I think that he's mostly playing up to the camera mate. If you listen to him on the Blueroom podcast he's much more restrained and sensible. As viewers you want characters on these things, that's why Arsenal Fan TV never interview the normal fans but the mental ones. Normalitly is boring but slightly unhinged makes good and sometimes cringeworthy viewing and people will always come back for that.
Speaking of unhinged.... Lukaku then hey?

Interesting. How do they make their money and who benefits from that income? How do you avoid a tail wagging the dog situation? Why would you join that network? Do they pay, or provide equipment/studio etc? Interested as I know Adam is really struggling with his video, he even said in his last video about lack of production help.

Anyway, think it's derailing the thread - maybe @technojoe can open a new thread in the ale house.

Another well-written piece by our @The Esk below. Sorely missed by my good self.
While agree with most of it, I believe that yet again he fails to hold Moshiri responsible for the Board's failures.

Execute the necessary changes if you are in control Mr Moshiri...

http://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/03/16/esk-lukakus-rebellion-part-bigger-picture/

The Esk: Lukaku’s rebellion is part of a bigger picture
16th March 2017

BIGGER PICTURE: Can Everton match Romelu Lukaku's ambition?
By The Esk

So in the end the villain of the piece turns out to be the potential saviour, articulating the thoughts of many fans with good grace, intelligence and a great passion for the job he excels at.

It’s been a remarkable few days, but over recent months there’s a clear pattern evolving. Let’s start with the General Meeting over winning trophies and not settling for being a museum. Then in early January Koeman loses patience with the lack of progress over the Schneiderlin deal, says his piece, and thankfully it happens. Fast forward to the last week. Both agent and club (in the form of Koeman) suggesting Rom’s signature is close, Jim White claiming there was total agreement, yet no signature?

Then bang! On Tuesday afternoon the news that Rom does not wish to commit to a new contract. Initial reactions towards Rom is unfavourable which is understandable given the anticipated signing and assurances it would happen.

Wednesday dawns and news from Peel that the Bramley Moore Stadium agreement is very close to completion, yet the most significant event in the club’s history since the John Moores’ days is still over-shadowed by the Lukaku situation.

Eventually late Wednesday evening, the interview is published. Lo and behold, Lukaku says what many fans have been saying for years. He’s not sure of our ambitions and the Board’s plans, and because of his desire to be the very best and to be a winner “trophies not goals” he can’t commit his future to Everton.

Now I don’t believe the interview is an isolated event – it’s been a calculated process. Yes, there are some that might question the timing, the potential to de-rail the rest of the season, but such is the clarity of message and desire for the best (NSNO anyone?) that few can accuse Lukaku of this with any justification.

I think bigger forces are at work – stretching as far as Raiola and Moshiri. Earlier today I was talking to some Evertonians about the motive for Raiola to be involved in the internal affairs of Everton. Raiola isn’t a “super-agent” because he’s a fool. He’s an expert strategist, a networker, a person who aligns interests of owners, clients, clubs alike (albeit for self serving interests). Hear me out on this…..

Football club owners and agents make money in two ways, through the circulation of capital within the football world, but more importantly by growing the asset values of their businesses (clubs) and their tradeable assets (players). Profitability in the form of the P&L has in most cases not been the primary objective. It’s all about growth, growing the asset value of the business. (Players on the other hand make their money in cash through their wages, but ultimately they’re commodities traded by their owners and agents).

Growing the asset value can be achieved by building a stadium, by achieving success on the pitch and the associated sponsorship rewards, but also critically by a constant turnover of players, most increasing in value through the course of their career generating profits for both clubs and their agents along the way. Previously I’ve demonstrated that even despite all the cash that’s flowed into the Premier League and the huge inflation of player values, it is player trading that adds significantly to the business model. All of the top 7 clubs show net player trading profits from 2009 to most recent accounts.

Raiola and other agents have a huge interest in continuing this “plate spinning”, ensuring sufficient circulation of high value players to benefit the trading clubs, their clients and ultimately themselves. It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that Raiola is complicit with Moshiri in these comments and actions by Lukaku. A more competitive and higher spending Everton adds competition to the top of the Premier League, forcing our peers to spend more to remain ahead of the game. In economic terms there’s a huge multiplier effect by making 7 clubs highly competitive at the top of the division rather than there being 4 or 5.

For Moshiri, he knows for us to be competitive we need to retain our best players and invest significantly to our squad to give Koeman and co the chance to compete and win trophies, thus he’s a critical part in the overall continued monetary expansion of the Premier League to keep the bubble growing.

So where does this leave us? It leaves us with a clear message known by the vast majority of the fan base for many a year. Without a fully competent Board with an aggressive growth strategy, built on creating a successful footballing team winning trophies we’re not going anywhere fast.

It’s an old argument, it doesn’t need repeating at length here, but to almost all observers our Board is not up to the task at hand. Moshiri, has been with us for just over 12 months and we’ve made progress, cleaning the balance sheet, bringing in coaching excellence, adding to the squad (although not yet in sufficient numbers and quality), getting to the point of a new stadium, but I’d argue, as has Lukaku, has that been achieved despite the Board, not because of it?

The message from Moshiri, Koeman and Lukaku (perhaps also as a Raiola proxy) is that the rate of progress is not fast enough, we need more and we need it sooner. Each of these have at least one common characteristic – they’re winners in their chosen fields, they’ve achieved/are achieving great things. Their now very obvious view is that the other supporting cast, the Board, are not up to the task.

The case for changing the Board and senior executives is very clear – it just needs to be executed.

Interesting. How do they make their money and who benefits from that income? How do you avoid a tail wagging the dog situation? Why would you join that network? Do they pay, or provide equipment/studio etc? Interested as I know Adam is really struggling with his video, he even said in his last video about lack of production help.

Anyway, think it's derailing the thread - maybe @technojoe can open a new thread in the ale house.

Mainly through sponsorship deals mate, the guys who set it up have been in the industry for ages i believe and the idea of what they are doing is a really good one, tapping into people who are bored with the mainstream/tabloid/ corporate ran fan channels etc.

Why people would join the network is simple really, a lot of footy fans will click on the content, see things they like and IF they then want to can check out the people doing the colabs on the channels of those people, it broadens each individuals channels exposure which benefits them ofc, from what i know of them, they have a southern (London?) and northern (Liverpool) studio which they use, have full time staff working for them.

It also brings in load of different skillets which 2-3 guys working alone to try get the channel content out every week will benefit from, as for if they pay - honestly no idea mate, i think they have 'some' fulltime staff members - the spurs fighting cock podcast guy for example works for them permanently now, and think the redmen founder works for them as a creative director (which have to say he is good at despite being a red)

In many ways mate, the struggles you've said Adam is having sums up why it's a huge benefit for these channels to work together, it just helps and despite a popular opinion that youtube/podcasting etc is easy - it's anything but and bloody hard work to get it up and running and keep the content coming out.

Anyway off topic - what about Lukaku eh!

No club should ever have to match a players expectations or ambition, they are merely employees of the club.
The club has its own ambitions along with the fans.
He needed to keep his counsel and merely leave as he is entitled to do but at the end of season.
He's caused this at a time when we could do without it.
Please stop defending the baffoon

No club should ever have to match a players expectations or ambition, they are merely employees of the club.
The club has its own ambitions along with the fans.
He needed to keep his counsel and merely leave as he is entitled to do but at the end of season.
He's caused this at a time when we could do without it.
Please stop defending the baffoon

Is that you Farhad?

Yeah you're right it is derailing the thread sorry. Not much else to say really, if you're owned by someone then there's something in it for them right? shame Toffee TV happens to be owned by reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back