Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pundits and RS fans can link him with a move to them but deep down everyone knows they wouldn't spend the money that would be needed to buy him. FSG look to buy players with a future sale profit (not that they have done very well with that recently) and wouldn't sanction a deal anywhere near what Rom would cost. Chelsea and Man U are a totally different story though, if either want him we will have a fight on our hands to keep him.

Yeah, realistically the only clubs in England Rom would go to are his beloved Chelsea or to play for Jose at Man U. Zero percent chance he goes anywhere else in the league. Also call me naive, but if the RS offered him 500/week and signed Messi I still don't think he'd go there. These pundits are embarrassingly ridiculous

Haven't read through the loads of pages since the conclusion of the match this weekend, but what did everyone gather from his celebrations? Showed a lot of love to the fans after that second one. Looked like almost a farewell if I'm being paranoid.

Went to the Atleti V Sevilla game yesterday and spent the day with a few fans that travel away with them and one was a lawyer that works sometimes with the club. They all said Griezmann to Man U for 100mil or so is 100% a done deal. That seems to be the stance on some of the reports in the media too. They also say they had big interest in Rom last summer but went for Gameiro, but don't think they could pay for him now. I don't think i read of that link anywhere last summer.

I think he will be here next season on a new contract, but whether he stays beyond next summer is down to how good a season we have.

Haven't read through the loads of pages since the conclusion of the match this weekend, but what did everyone gather from his celebrations? Showed a lot of love to the fans after that second one. Looked like almost a farewell if I'm being paranoid.

be weird to do a farewell when he's still got about 5 more home games ha. I think it was a sign of thanks and affection tbh.

be weird to do a farewell when he's still got about 5 more home games ha. I think it was a sign of thanks and affection tbh.
Same as how i seen it,the last home game at Goodison is his birthday,think hes going to stay myself,more condfient than ever,for no reason at all,what he said was twisted into what the press wanted it to sound/look like in terms of him supposedly saying he wants out etc

Same as how i seen it,the last home game at Goodison is his birthday,think hes going to stay myself,more condfient than ever,for no reason at all,what he said was twisted into what the press wanted it to sound/look like in terms of him supposedly saying he wants out etc

yeah. I don't see him signing the extension this season or maybe not next season, but we need splash the dough this summer like we planned to the start of this one. We've now got a better solid base and european football to do the business and achieve the ambitions we hoped for last summer. We won't sell this summer though i don't believe. If he has another season like this one or an even better one, then teams will think about offering the fees we'd view acceptable.

WTF is it with the Echo's vendetta against Lukaku?

Here they are it again this afternoon:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-hot-shot-romelu-lukaku-12767897

Basically, Lukaku is a flat track bully and is rubbish. Sell.

To be honest that is a fair counter argument, i don't think we should actively sell him but we should not wear black and morn his loss all year if he goes.

I was thinking last night of all the big games he has played in he hasn't done a lot. The biggest two by far has been the semi against utd where he had at least 4 clear cut chances and the quarter final for Belgium v Wales, he missed an absolute sitter that he should have buried.

Now i think he has improved since then but his mentality to do it on the biggest stage has so far eluded him and what's to say that doesn't continue? It's ok scoring goals getting to the business end in tournaments but if your top man suddenly goes missing when the pressure is really on then you may as well have a lessor player who performs consistently.

I don't think the media should be trying to sell our player though, we can do that thanks when we are ready to.

2572338049.jpg

To be honest that is a fair counter argument, i don't think we should actively sell him but we should not wear black and morn his loss all year if he goes.

I was thinking last night of all the big games he has played in he hasn't done a lot. The biggest two by far has been the semi against utd where he had at least 4 clear cut chances and the quarter final for Belgium v Wales, he missed an absolute sitter that he should have buried.

Now i think he has improved since then but his mentality to do it on the biggest stage has so far eluded him and what's to say that doesn't continue? It's ok scoring goals getting to the business end in tournaments but if your top man suddenly goes missing when the pressure is really on then you may as well have a lessor player who performs consistently.

I don't think the media should be trying to sell our player though, we can do that thanks when we are ready to.
What elite team in this league has he failed to score against?

He blew Chelsea away last season in a big cup game. He scored two in his first derby and it should have been a winning contribution. He scored a hattrick against United when he was 19. He terrifies City when we play them.

And so it begins, frickin dreading his first interview for Belgium journos

The first one could be around 17.30. Only open training this week, so if there is one it would probably be then. Or after Greece; in the preparation for the friendly against Russia. Or if he's chosen to do one of the press conferences, seems unlikely though Martinez would prefer to stay clear of controversy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back